Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, February 2, 2009

The ABC's of Kissing Boys

The ABC’s of Kissing Boys by Tina Ferraro

Grade: 3.2 stars out of 5

Summary: “Parker Stanhope has played soccer practically since she could walk. And now that she’s a high school junior, everything she’s worked for is finally coming together. She’s paid her dues on the field, and as an upperclassman, she’s a shoo-in for the varsity team. But that’s not what happens.

This year, Coach Hartley moved up every JV player but two—and one of those two was Parker. Now, she’s stuck with the freshmen, her friends are cutting her loose, and her love of the game is seriously beginning to fail. But Parker is determined to get her life back. She has to get on the varsity team, and she has the perfect plan. All she needs now is the right kind of coach”

Review: This book can definitely be summed up in one word: cute. Honestly though, it had me squealing and giggling at almost every other page. I for one am not huge on giggling. Combine that with squealing and you have a book to be reckoned with.

What I love about this book was the chapter titles. It definitely played with the book title, The ABC's of Kissing Boys, quite ingenious in a way. The short definition combined with the humor makes a wonderful little surprise every new chapter.

I also love the surprise in the end involving the neighborhood feud. It was an unexpected twist which I thought later to myself, I should have seen this coming! The feud itself was so ridiculous, in a funny way though! I enjoyed reading the crazy antics and arguments between the two fathers.

What I thought that lacked in this book was in the two main characters. There wasn’t enough depth, enough development for me. What I also found slightly unsettling was the quick progressing from the really close friends to the declaration of love.

Overall: An adorable read that everyone should at least try once!

Cover A-
Luscious! Glamorous! Sexy!

P.S. I'm cramming in reviews like so many other bloggers XD

4 comments:

  1. I love your scoring system. One of these days you're going to have a book rated, 3.789863233356851

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this in the mail a week or so ago. Like you said, it doesn't look too deep or serious, but totally cute. Hopefully I can start it soon! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this book really was cute! I loved it :D

    ReplyDelete