Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, March 2, 2009

Going Too Far

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols (March 17th 2009—MTV)

Grade: 4.5 stars out of 5

Summary: “All Meg wants is to escape her excruciatingly small town after graduation. In the meantime, her above-the-law boyfriend and her wild class trip to Florida coming up over Spring Break are the only things keeping her from imploding. But before she leaves on her trip, one of her boyfriend’s pranks goes too far and turns Southern Gothic nightmare. She finds herself in jail. The only way to avoid prosecution is to spend Spring Break on night patrol with the by-the-book cop who arrested her.

Fine. She did the crime, she’ll do the time. If the cop gets hot under the collar cruising the night with a punky blue-haired girl-felon, that’s his problem, not hers. But her own personal boy in blue is younger, less experienced, and so much sexier than she imagined at first. As she falls for him, she explores why he’s as determined to stay in this town as she is to leave. She pushes him to the edge by questioning every rule in his police academy manual. And when he hits back, demanding to know why she can’t stand this straight-laced Alabama town, he will push her to the edge, and over...”

Review: Going Too Far was definitely not going too far me. I am thinking about joining the MTV book cult. So far every book that I read published under them have amazed me.

It was the dynamics and the emotional appeal that sold me. I love her brutal honestly and yet her hidden fear that drove her to such high ends. I love John’s innocence and his reason to being a stand offish cop. But also his reluctance to leave the small town.

I found…okay I got nothing.

Writing this review was hardly than expected…Point blank, this book was great! I loved it! Cannot explain why, but I did. Some might call it cliché (coughcoughCarol) and predictable but I happened to have found it fun and entertaining despite it all.

Overall: Read it. Period.

Cover C+
I hate these MTV ARC covers, it’s just lime green. I miss the actual cover…

This has got to be one of the worst reviews I have ever written as of yet. I am so sad about that.

8 comments:

  1. haha aw, i like the review. i'm glad you liked it though b/c i do think it sounds good. I'm a fan of the MTV books I've read thus far as well.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Don't beat yourself up. I definitely know it's sometimes hard to write reviews for books you really like. You definitely got my attention and got me to want to read it. So job well done (= Glad you liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'm getting this from the author,. So excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this one. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this one sounds so good! My friend just finished reading it and told me it was amazing :] I can't wait to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you liked it, I should be reading it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I realllly want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liked the review :)
    Loved the book.

    ReplyDelete