Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Mystery: Dan Elconin

Dan wrote NEVER AFTER when he was 14. Check out his website here. And while you're leave, buy his book!

NEVER AFTER:
"There is no place like a dysfunctional home.
Leaving everything behind for the Island was Ricky's dream come true. When his happily ever after is not quite what it seems, he discovers that running away means running toward bigger problems.

Trapped on the Island, Ricky must join together with the only people he can trust to help him face his fears and return home. But the only way off the Island is to confront the person who trapped Ricky and his friends in the first place. With countless enemies and true peril staring them down, Ricky's mission to leave this so-called paradise will become a battle for their very lives."
1. Have you ever worn tights? Be honest now.
- No, but I have worn a skirt, a tube top, high heels, nail polish, and makeup. I’ll do almost anything to get a laugh.

2. Aside from Peter Pan, what other Disney movies have you watched and enjoyed?
- I pretty much like them all. My favorite is Mulan.

3. Have you read any fairy tale retellings before? If so what's your favorite?
- I actually haven’t read any other fairy tale retellings. I like to pretend mine’s the only one =)

4. An apple a day keeps the doctor away--what can a hammer keep away though?
- At least two doctors.

5. Do you like tap dancing? I have a sudden urge to break out with some jazz hands.
- Tap dancing is cool to watch. As for tap dancing myself, I have enough trouble with teen dancing, and that’s basically just moving your hips slightly while holding a drink.

6. It's Turkey Day! What are you planning to do? Like for example, dare to watch New Moon?
- As one of the characters in my book says, I’m planning to eat and eat and eat until I cannot POSSIBLY eat another bite. And then I’m gonna eat some more.

I think I’ll save New Moon for the next time I dress up like a girl =)

7. Sparkly vampires, does this rob them of their manhood?
- No, but being in Twilight does.

8. So for some reason or another I decided to post a picture of a banana slug on my blog. What is the most vile animal you can imagine?
- My roommate. But isopods are a close second. Particularly the tongue-eating variety.

9. So you wrote Never After when you were 14? Impressive! Did you ask your English teacher for help along the way?
- No, I never liked talking about my book. Besides, I believe the best teacher of writing novels is reading novels.

10. Ever fell asleep somewhere you really shouldn't fall asleep?
- Yeah. During a college final exam.

5 comments:

  1. I bought this book already, I haven't read it yet but I heard great things about it. Nice interview, Dan is pretty funny and hey not bad to look at either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Wow he's not very old! He is a cutie too and the book sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute funny interview and cute writer! I think I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice interview, I'll have to check this book out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, funny interview! And what a cutie! :) hehe. I should be getting this book soon since Dan emailed me last week about it; I'm excited to read it!

    Also, that banana slug is VERY ugly. Why must you put these sorts of images in front of me?!

    ReplyDelete