Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Mystery: YUM!

Inspired by My Invented Life by Lauren Bjokman.

Don't those banana slug look delicious? If you answer yes then I dare you to eat it:

"Move over gummy worms, there’s a new treat in town! These incredibly realistic Gummy Banana Slugs are 5-1/2 inches long and weigh in at an impressive 45 grams each. Delicious banana flavor!

Shipping Weight ~ 1 lb.

Top 10 Banana Slug Facts:
1. Banana Slugs get their name because of the unique flavor of their slime.
2. Banana Slugs communicate using telepathy. [!?!?!]
3. Banana Slugs can grow up to twelve feet long. [gag]
4. Banana Slugs eat dirt, pine needles, and small mammals. [omfg mammals!?]
5. Banana Slugs can be trained to tie themselves into a knot. [why?]
6. Banana Slugs have two pairs of tentacles.... the shorter ones detect light and the longer ones pick up radio signals. [I think they're lying to me]
7. Banana Slugs can survive in outer space. [yeah they really are]
8. Banana Slugs reproduce by biting themselves in half. [me too!]
9. Banana Slugs are immune to human stomach acid, so if you swallow one, it will live inside you. [shudder]
10. Banana Slugs express emotion by wheezing."

Sadly it's out of stock. *deep sigh of regret*

10 comments:

  1. I have a slug phobia from years spent living in The Lower Mainland, BC. Ick ick ick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see slugs all the time. I've never seen one twelve feet long, though. And I'm not sure how they'd be able to catch a small mammal to eat it; they move very slowly.

    I think they're pulling your leg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I became aware of that after reading the 2nd fact xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wholesale Electronics from China Online Shop. We serve buyers around the world who are looking for China Wholesale Electronics at discount prices. You will find here clearance electronics, discount electronics, tv phones and more. We are strategically located in Shenzhen a city famous for electronics factories which is about 100km from Hong Kong. We offer the best service and the lowest wholesale prices from China chinese electrical wholesalers

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE COLOUR!
    *shudders*

    At first I thought it was ACTUALLY some type of food. I cannot believe I even pictured myself eating that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Random Banana Slug Fact:

    It is the mascot for University of California, Santa Cruz - and they have an awesome stuffed banana slug (to cuddle with, not eat) :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh god, yucky! D: Yan, what a random and disturbing thing to put on your blog! xD Dx x-x

    ReplyDelete