Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Love Sucks

Love Sucks by Melissa Francis

Source: HarperTeen

Grade: 4 stars out of 5

Love Sucks is the sequel to Bite Me, a novel that I called "Awh!". Well if that was awh I'm calling Love Sucks "Sexy!" AJ's mother is pregnant by Ryan's father with the prophesied child. Ryan just happens to be AJ's ex-boyfriend who still has a hard time stopping her feelings for him. If that's not awkward, AJ's biological dad is trying to use her to take over the world. Well more like forcing her to find him these stones, "runes", that has the potential to time travel. Thus comes in Lex, her godmother's nephew, to help AJ harness her vampire powers and protecting herself from her father's side of the family. (He's super hot, super British, and really sweet underneath.)

Helloooo dream cast! If you're looking for something fun, look no further! Love Sucks immediately takes off where Bite Me ends so it would be really helpful for the reader to pick the prequel up first. Other than that, lean back and enjoy this action packed ride with bad-kicking, forbidden loving, and tension! It starts off slow, but picks up speed quickly to the point where I could not keep my eyes from the page (and ignoring "Deal or No Deal!"). I find all the male characters irresistibly charming, even the little middle graders (really energetic and bubbly, infectious kids). No one was overly dramatic in the boo-whoo-the-world-is-out-to-get-me type of fashion. Confused on the last fight though.

Order Love Sucks! or order Bite Me!

3 comments:

  1. I soooooo need to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Annie, I need to read this series! It sounds fantastic and the covers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series! I just finished Love Sucks a few days ago and I agree with what you said about the characters :) Nice review!

    ReplyDelete