Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Friday, August 6, 2010

Major Crush

Major Crush by Jennifer Echols

Source: Personal

Grade: 3.5 stars out of 5
I promised myself that I will read all of Jennifer Echols book and Major Crush is only step forward in this goal. (I only have one more book to go!) Here is pyramid of me liking Echols books, highest to lowest:

3. Major Crush

As you see Major Crush falls smack-dab-in-the-middle. There is a reason for that, which I will get to eventually. 
"Tired of the beauty-pagean circuit, Virginia Sauter tosses her tiara, pierces her nose, and auditions for the most unlikely of roles -- drum major of the high school marching band.

Virginia wins, but is forced to share the title with Drew, whose family has held the position for generations. Sure, Drew is hot, but because of his superior attitude, he and Virginia are constantly arguing. That is, until they share more than just their half-time salute...

But as the drum major's heated competition turns to sizzling romance, explosive rumors threaten everything -- including the band's success. Love seemed to be a sure hit, but Virginia and Drew may be marching straight into disaster." (Amazon)
I expected a lot more romance from this Simon Pulse RomCom. There seemed be a lingering moral behind these novels. Major Crush dealt with racism and affairs in marriages and just being trapped in a small town following in the footsteps of your father, your brothers, breaking free. Don't get me wrong, Major Crush does have a lot of romance and feel good fun :) *kicks review* I can never review well for Echols books.

It's currently in-stock, but out-of-stock, at Amazon right now.

1 comment:

  1. one of my readers really wants me to read this book they said that they love it and want to know what I think.
    great review!

    ReplyDelete