Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, August 2, 2010

Manga Monday: Devil and Her Love Song

Devil and Her Love Song by Tomori Miyoshi

Other Titles: Akuma to Rabu Songu / Akuma to Love Song
Genre: Shoujo, Drama, Psychological, Comedy, Romance
Art: 4 stars
Plot: 3.8 stars
Characters: 3.8 stars
Serialized: Margaret
Maria is expelled from a top school and is transferred to a rather low-point average school. She was expelled for various reasons, one of which is for violence against teacher. Maria is straightforward: she sees and tells things clearly and is not afraid to tell it even if the public eye is not to forgiving. She has been said to "corrupt" others. Her new classmates isolates her and her new teacher is trying to make her life at school miserable. Maria finds solace in singing with her voice strong and powerful. Her favorite song: Amazing Grace (coming from a religious background).
I think I read too many shoujo mangas. That or I find it so much easier to throw all these shoujo mangas at you. (I'm just really picky about the shounen mangas I read. I think next week I should review a Josei manga.) Anyway I am at volume 6 of Devil and Her Love Song and so far it is quite good. The plot line is tedious and slow in retrospect, but I like that the romance is developing over the course of volumes rather than a volume. I am expecting much gritter and dark themes in teh upcoming volumes because it has been at that Maria's, the main character, mother committed suicide and that Maria is some form of a bastard's child whose life went through  some mockery.

4 comments:

  1. I can't decide whether I like Akuma to Love Song or not. I've kept up with it, but I'm never excited to read it the way I am Skip Beat or other titles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I will read a manga one day. I just don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this around but I still debate to read it. >< Reading so many manga series online these days lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the first chapter and didn't like it. =/... Maybe it was the characters. You should totally read Cat Street! It's so good! Very realistic and mature. It's one of my favorites. I love it!

    ReplyDelete