Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, September 6, 2010

Manga Monday: Soul Eater

I have mauling this over and I have to admit that I suck at reviewing mangas. Therefore I this is basically going to be a feature rather than a "review" per say. You guys probably can't tell the different between the two anyhow xD

Soul Eater by Ookubo Atsushi

Genre: Fantasy, Action, Shounen
Art: 4.5 stars (different; no one is "pretty pretty"
Plot: 3.5 stars (slow at first, but it is going somewhere)
Characters: 3.8 stars (lack of development, but unique)
Serialized: Yen Press
Other: Anime (ending sucked butt and left out huge developments)

"Maka is a weapon meister, determined to turn her partner, a living scythe named Soul Eater, into a powerful death scythe - the ultimate weapon of Death himself! Charged with the task of collecting and devouring the tainted souls of ninety-nine humans and one witch, Maka and her fellow meisters strive to master their weapons as they face off against the bizarre and dangerous minions of the underworld. But the meisters' own personal quirks may prove a bigger obstacle than any sultry enchantress!" (Amazon)

Note: I like more than D-Grayman. Read the manga--it's a lot better than the anime. The anime has great graphics, but it ended earlier than the original manga so the ending makes no sense.

Soul Eater, Vol. 1 / Soul Eater, Vol. 2 / Soul Eater, Vol. 3 / Soul Eater, Vol. 4

3 comments:

  1. I love the anime. I think the characters are really colorful, especially Kidd! I've heard about the weak ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Interesting!
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Soul Eater, such a great series! Black Star is awesome, Tsubaki, Mufin, Everyone! I haven't read the manga but the anime is amazing.

    ReplyDelete