Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Friday, November 4, 2011

Interview + Contest with Anna Carey, Author of Eve

The producers of The Vampire Diaries find Eve by Anna Carey so compelling that they’re in the process of producing it as a TV show pilot! To celebrate I have an exclusive interview with the author and the chance for you lovely readers to win a copy!



Follow @AnnaCareyBooks on Twitter
Visit Anna Carey’s blog
Like Eve on Facebook




1. Where is the furthest place you have ever traveled? Was it scary?
I went to China for a month when I was eighteen. Even the Chinese food is different there (no sesame chicken, who knew?). It was a little scary to be somewhere so foreign and not speak the language, but that trip was one of the best I've been on.
Yan: Authentic Chinese food is definitely much different from the take-out restaurants. The dishes I typically eat consist of vegetables, fishes, and soup. I've never had sesame chicken until I stopped by a Chinese take-out and it's so good. 



2. If news of a deadly virus starts to spread, what would you do/say to your followers on twitter?
I recently saw Contagion, so I feel I'm adequately prepared (you can believe everything you see in the movies, right?). I'd tweet: NOW IS THE TIME FOR GOOD HYGIENE. HAND SANITIZER AND SOAP ARE UR FRIENDS. AND, FOR THE LOVE: DO NOT TAKE OFF UR FACE MASK. #APOCALYPSE
Yan: I've heard great things about the movie, but never watched it in fear of being extremely paranoid and germaphobic afterwards.


3. Are cockroaches still alive in Eve's world? They can survive almost anything.
There are definitely cockroaches in the New America. Millions of them. Maybe I'll give some a cameo in the third book...


4. I've read something where Eve has been compared to The Handmaid's Tale? Have you read The Handmaid's Tale? If so, did it influence you when you wrote Eve? If not, do you plan to read it?
There's actually a quote from The Handmaid's Tale in the beginning of the book as a I-bow-down-before-you-Margaret-Atwood nod. I hadn't read it originally, but I sought it out after I finished my first draft. I loved it, and understand why someone would link the two books conceptually, but they're very different reads.
Yan: I haven't read The Handmaid's Tale so I'm curious! A friend read the book in high school (while I was reading The red Badge of Courage) and enjoyed it.


5. In general, do you think secrets are good or bad?
This is a tricky riddle! There are good secrets (surprise parties) and very bad secrets (dead bodies under the floorboards). But, in general, I lean towards the "secrets are bad" side. I like to keep everything out in the open, and own everything I've done--even the more cringe-worthy stuff. I'm known for my embarrassing stories.
Yan: Love embarrassing stories (just not ones about me of course).



Thanks to AlloyEntertainment I have 1 SIGNED copy of Eve for one of you lovely readers! Eve is currently out right now!

(Testing about Rafflecopter *crossing fingers*) Spoke too soon. I'm having some issues with rafflecopter so if you can't see, look at this specific post only. If that doesn't work, leave your name and email address and I will automatically enter for you. I will also email you to let you know.



16 comments:

  1. Somehow I knew cockroaches would survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Handmaid's Tale but I've been meaning to do so for years! (commenting as Justine)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really excited for you Anna..looking forward to reading more from you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to think secrets are bad. There are very few good ones.

    Lizzi0915 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the giveaway! I can't wait to read this!
    Samantha D
    tirnanog77@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think secrets can be good or baad. Just make sure that you don't hurt anybodies' feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in favor of secrets on a need to know basis. There are some things you really are better off not knowing (ignorance is bliss and all that), and if someone wants to spare you the anxiety or the heartache, then why should you stop them? But then there are things, even if they're painful, that you should know. It all depends on the kind of secret and how much it concerns you or people you care about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enter me. Wow, The producers picked up L.J. Smith's books of The Secret Circle too. Great interview.
    Email: bookandmoviedimensionblogger (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to Vietnam for vacation with my mom & loved it. It was crazy to be so far but we have family over there and it was nice seeing new things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing the difference of authentic and American versions of Asian foods. I haven't had sesame chicken yet though! And Contagion sounds like a great movie! Thanks for the interview! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha of course cockroaches survive in Eve. Those things will literally be the last things on Earth.

    Sthrnsweetie115@AOL.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh just entered the rafflecopter giveaway. Thanks again for the great giveaway.
    ~ Cassandra Ruiz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, please don't give the cockroaches a cameo! They, above all other bugs, freak me the hell out!

    Other than that, awesome interview!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think keeping secrets are a good thing most of the time. it will probably just end up hurting you or someone close to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think keeping secrets it's good depending on what they are, I mean surprises exist because of them, and sometimes you have done something stupid that you wouldn't like others to find out, so secrets in that way, some times are necessary.

    When they affect communication between friends or a couple, then secrets are a negative thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Could you please enter me in the contest. I enjoy what the producers have done with The Vampire Diaries and THe Secret Cirlce, can;t wait to see what they do with Eve.

    THanks -Tanya

    BookcaseTanya@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete