Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Friday, January 6, 2012

2011 in a Nutshell with Books






The Best:
Divergent by Veronica Roth
The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor




The Ones that I REALLY Liked:
Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony
Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter
The Botany of Desire: A Plant's-Eye View of the World by Michael Pollan
From Bad to Cursed (Bad Girls Don't Die #2) by Katie Alender
Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott
Legend by Marie Lu
Trial by Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes





The Disappointed:
After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel
The Death and Life of Great American Cities by Jane Jacobs
Fury (Fury #1) by Elizabeth Miles
All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray
Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs
Royally Jacked (Royally Crushed #1) by Niki Burnham
Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann

no covers, just a frowny face


The What the Eff Did I Just Read:
The Water Babies by Charles Kingsley
Introductory Lectures on Psychoanalysis by Sigmund Freud
Fallen Angels by Heather Terrell
Future Imperfect by K. Ryer Breese
Daodejing by Laozi
Walden by Henry David Thoreau

4 comments:

  1. LOVED Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Such an amazing book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep recommending it to friends who looking for a paranormal/fantasy read!

      Delete
  2. I loved Divergent as well and agree Fury was such a let down. What the Eff Did I Just Read fit Fallen Angels perfectly. OMG, it was horrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been forever since I've read FALLEN ANGELS, but I remember me being extremely pissed at it lol

      After reading the story behind FURY, I'm even less impressed.

      LOVE LOVE Divergent!

      Delete