At this moment I am accepting the following genres and age groups for review:
- young adult novels
- middle-grade novels
- contemporary fiction
- paranormal romances/urban fantasy
- graphic novels
- historical romances that fall within the above groups will be decided individually
- GLBT works that fall within the above groups will be decided individually
- e-books though preference will always be a physical copy
- nonfiction novels i.e. memoirs, biographies, testimonial, historical, etc.
- crime/thriller novels
- horror novels
- self-published works
- internet articles (do I even need to mention this?)
Reviews are a sensitive topic for me as I am not one to gush about how I love every book I read. I have dealt with this concern a few months into blogging and have asked my readers how I should approach this problem. The majority ruled that I should continue on how I was. I do try to review the books as they come, but please understand that I schedule reviews in advance (weeks/months) ahead.
- Each review will be accompanied by a "grade".
- Books are rated from 0 to 5 stars. 0 being the worst and 5 being the best with everything in between.
- Reviews are posted a month before or after the book's release date unless it was one purchased by myself. Publishers, publicists, and authors are more than welcome to schedule a review date ahead of time.
- I follow the FTC guideline and tell my readers where I receive my books (personally bought, library, publishing houses, authors, etc).
I do participate in numerous tours. Traveling to Teens (T2T) is a young-adult book touring site that a friend and I founded, but is currently closed. I review for TLC Books Tours occasionally. I have worked with media firms in the past that sponsored giveaways and created blog tours.
You can also find me reviewing books on GoodReads and LibraryThing, and the occasional Amazon reviews.
Most links to Amazon, Indie Bound and Book Depository are all affiliate links where I will receive a small profit (very small) if you were to buy directly with the link I provide.
Questions or concerns? Contact me.
UPDATED: June 2012