Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Mystery: Josh Berk

So we have Josh Berk today! He's an upcoming author of The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin (Feb. 9th 2010).
Josh: "Great questions! Ha! So fun. All answered! I might seem like I'm being a bit defensive/obnoxious, but it's all totally in good fun! I like to argue with the questions."

1.Name your favorite disco song/artist.
How old do you think I am? Just because I had a big bushy jewfro in highschool doesn't mean I'm old enough to remember disco. I went to high school in the '90s! I listened to punk rock and alternative jams. Still do! That said, I guess I'll go with "(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty" for the sheer ridiculousness of the multi-shake title.

2. Have you ever worn platform heels or white bellbottom jeans?
Seriously: I am not that old.

3. Have you ever attempted to do a split?
Not intentionally. I like to move as little as possible, basically.


4. Did you ever have the sudden urge to bathe yourself in macaroni and cheese?
Not until now that you mention it.

5. Mud cake, any experience with those?
Is this a cake made of mud? That you eat? No.

6. Sticks and stones may break my bones but what about giant loofahs?
Err on the side of caution, my friend.

7. You have a choice between being shredded by a chainsaw or being eaten by a dinosaur as a whole, which would you choose?
I think there is something seriously wrong with anyone who wouldn't go dino in this scenario.

8. You’re left in a room with only a spoon and a screaming baby, what’s your plan of attack?
Are you implying that a possible plan would be to use the spoon to eat the baby? I'm against the eating of babies, despite what you've heard.

9. I have a rock and you have a piece of paper, who do you think will win the battle?
I'm a pretty serious RPS (rochambeau) player, so yes, I have often wondered why it is that paper covers rock. Why doesn't the rock just smash through? Or why didn't they pick some other three things that would work better? Maybe like hammer, nail, wood. The hammer could beat nail, nail could pierce wood, and wood could ... wait, that doesn't work either. What was the question? I'd still win. If anyone reading this meets me in person, challenge me to rock-paper-scissors. I promise I will win. Every. Time.

10. This is your last song, would you like to take a bow, jump into the crowd of fans, or pull down your pants for the most memorable finale alive?
I'm pretty sure anyone who knows me even the slightest bit can guess the answer ;)

8 comments:

  1. We call it roshambeau too!
    People are like HUH?
    My kid could kick your butt at that, btw.

    And you are SO old enough to wear platform shoes.

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Yan, for such a fun time.

    Thank you, Josh, what about shaking your booty! hop to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All hail the pants-off dance-off! Two of my favorite funny people - amaaazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so this is pretty-freakin hilarious! Awesome questions and responses!

    BTW, I totally bet I can beat Josh at the art of Roshambeau!

    hehe. When reading this I was totally ROFLMAO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO, I like a good old laugh and an interview that makes you imagine weird scenarios.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the fun interview! Soooo much fun! To reiterate: (1) I will beat you all at RPS. (2) Heidi is older than I am.

    ReplyDelete