Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Sunday, August 30, 2009

My TBR Pile--Holy F***ing Shit!


Okay so Alea asked if I could show her my TBR pile--both to review and for myself--after she posted hers on twitter. So I dragged all my books from the basement, carry it to my room, and attempt a vlog. Vlog was a disaster but hey, at least the pictures turned out pretty.

So the 3 piles above are mostly my own TBR books. There are a sprinkling of review books in there. There are also some rejects that I plan not to review because a) it's a series to which I haven't read the previous books to b) not interested c) all of the above or d) I forgot that I owned the book... wait! e) I'm borrowing it but didn't feel like separating it into the other pile.


These piles consist of books that I plan to read in the near future and am definitely keeping and my review books. The 3 piles way above are the ones that I'm not sure if I plan to keep. The first stack is of course the review pile hence the ARCs. Second is the TBR that I'm going to keep and read in near future.

Anyway now that I've compiled all the books into one space I realized how much books I have O_O I still think Alea beats me in the amount of books though. Still it's all very scary looking.

If anyone sees any titles they want more clarification on, email me. Because I'm scared for my life, if want (a) book(s) email me, we can work out a trade or money sounds good right about now. *grumbles* damn you class fees, why must you be so high!? it's not like you're paying for a class trip. Granted there are some books you cannot have but I'm feeling very very lazy to make a list. Email me a list of what you're interested in~

P.S. I actually forgot some books...there are probably like 10 more scattered in my house that I forgot to bring upstairs.


The Letter Garden said I could make a chair out of my TBR books ;P

24 comments:

  1. Wow that's a lot of great books! My TBR pile is huge, too. I'd love to trade books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of books, especially when you read and review super duper fast. I spotted some of my favorite books in the piles :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be moving books around soon so I might end up doing something like this.. YIKES> who knows what my pile looks like

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! i have tons of TBR books. Its scary to look at :O lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you. In more ways then one. the fees. the piles. the grumbles.
    My pile is large as well. I have alot that I've accumulated that I truly want to read.. like 200 of 'em... then another pile that I've agreed to read.. grumble. about 25 of them.
    All in my house, and I walk by and I swear i hear them laughing at me..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it exciting to know that you have so many great books to choose from, but at the same time a let down to know that you are so behind on reading? That's how I feel anyway!

    My TBR pile is huge, but it nothing compared to my wish lists... they are everywhere. I find them in every room of my house, recent ones and ones that are years old. I am a creepy list maker... :S

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowzers. That is a ridiculous amount of books...so much good reading. And then school/work just has to go and get in the way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lot! I may have about that amount.. *sighs* I have nearly a bookshelf full. egads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my TBR piles still beat yours.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy books, Batman!!! There are so many amazing books on those piles I couldn't even begin to list them all, just makes me wanna browse through them! You're such a lucky girl to have so many great books! :)

    I've counted the unread books that I own and I have about 130 atm - I keep buying new ones, but if only I could read them fast enough, I just can't keep up! :(

    ps: Loving your blog, just became a follwer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man! I should do a post like this...I have SO MANY books in my TBR pile that it's really a TBR bookshelf. Granted, most are one's I've bought myself, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  12. O____O You could make a chair out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Large TBR Pile - but full of SO many good books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel you pain - my TBR pile is so scary I'm afraid to organize it and see just how much there is! Still, I think it's a good problem to have. It beats the alternative - no books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just showed this AND Alea's photos to my husband who was muttering about me having so many books. Heheh. And I pointed out that THESE aren't even READ yet!

    My TBR is maybe 10 or so books. I don't feel so bad though even THAT overwhelms me.

    When MADAPPLE comes out in pb I am buying it. I have been lusting over that one for over a year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, cool! You have so many awesome books I want to read. Haha. Imagine if they were all in hardcover... Oh man. LoL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't feel too bad now...LOL!

    I keep all my ARCs separate (Review) and the books I want to read for myself + some I'll review, I already have those on my bookshelf. After IMM today - I don't have any more bookshelf space, so it's either get another bookshelf or make 2 rows on the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, now that is some pile! I wish my TBR pile was as small as that... actually, no I don't, I love having my own personal library!

    Very jealous of a few titles you have for review -- wish I lived in the US! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL. Looks like my pile. I've read a lot of those and enjoyed tem. I also have a bunch of them in my own TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey, it's not like my vlog attempt was a masterpiece. I always hate the way my voice sounds recorded...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so envious of you. I want to read Living Dead Girl so bad right now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. And now for something completely different...I gave you an award! Come stop by my blog, Strange & Random Happenstance to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your TBR pile makes me feel better about mine. :P

    ReplyDelete