Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Books By Its Cover

Books By Its Cover was a feature that I started on my blog because I love book covers (insert: duh). But I had to stop because of time constraints and deemed it in indefinite hiatus, which it was for the last 6 months. Now with some extra hours to work on my blog, I think I am ready to start the feature once more. Just differently though this time.

Previously I asked everyone to email me your "guesses" on the cover I was "talking" about. Not anymore. This time, I am using one Google document form for the entire month, meaning no more hints. I used to give hints out the people who were struggling, but then I realized my hints were a tad bit too strong.

EXAMPLE:
Description:
Light's opposite 
Gravity forces
Vase
Shattered

(first line will always have to do with the color of the book)

Answer:
Freefall by Mindi Scott

So say you guessed correctly and said that the book I was trying to hint at was Freefall, you would then fill out the Google form with the appropriate information. I will typically repost the form 4 times, once for each Saturday, for every new stanza I write. Each "stanza" will describe a different cover each Saturday.

At the end of the month I will tally how many correct guesses you made and each of those correct answers will serve as an entry to a contest. So you guessed Freefall, which is correct, that means you will have one entry in that month's contest. You only need one correct answer to be entered, but it would not hurt to have a few extra entries.

Now doesn't that all sound very confusing? It makes sense in my mind, but not in cohesive words. Next Saturday Books By Its Cover will restart with 4 stanzas, poems, words, whatever you call it.

The winning prize will be Shadow Bound by Erin Kellison. I know I did not love it, but I am sure some of you are interested. And yes, it will be an international contest.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I absolutely love this feature. So happy that you're starting it back up again. And I like the way you're doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're bringing this back! I didn't participate in this before, but now I'm really excited to.

    ReplyDelete