Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, August 31, 2009

Random Post About Me?

Steph Su tagged me for a meme, but she had like 3 of them (which I plan to do later on). It was this other meme she tagged for but I liked this one more :)
Hardback, trade paperback or mass market paperback?
Have you seen my bookcase? 95% all hardcovers. I have friends who borrow my books, I don’t trust them with paperbacks so this is all just a precaution. But I have to admit that I’m starting to love paperbacks. They’re easier to handle when reading and they weigh less. My bookcase is caving! Ahhhhh!

Barnes & Noble or Borders?
I know of only 1 (ONE!) B&N near me and it’s part of a school campus. Which means it sucks. Like completely. The YA section consists of Lock and Key and Perfect Fifths. So I’m going with Borders. There’s one near center city that’s 3 floors if you count the cafĂ© they have. They have a lot of the new YA books as well.

Bookmark or dog-ear?
*cowers under desk* I used to dog-ear my books mostly just school books/really old library books. I never dog-ear my own personal books or friends’. I bookmark nowadays. I have like 30+, like to collect and stare at them!

Amazon or brick-and-mortar?
Amazon is cheaper but actual book shopping is much more fun. My friend and I would always stop by a Borders (since they’re everywhere) and scan their selections.

Alphabetize by author, or alphabetize by title, or random?
Semi random. I do it by genre: Fantasy, contemporary, paranormal, and favorites (hey that’s a genre in my bookcase!). Then it’s by color, yes color. I like to make a rainbow :D (well you can't tell by my bookcase now per se but before it was so pretty!)

Keep, throw away, or sell?
I’m a keep/sell/trade person. Throwing away is only an option when my parents hover over me and threaten me unless I throw away my books.

Keep dust jacket or toss it?
This my reaction to your question o____O that’s an option! Who throws away their dust jacket!?

Read with dust jacket or remove it?
I used to apply clear tape to my dust jacket but then I had to save my tape for the future book trading so now I just take it off (whoooo! Sexy!).

Short story or novel?
Oh my god, no more short stories. I read this novel that had short stories (Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger) and it was very frustrating! I’m going to stick with my novels.

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
What’s funny about this is that I’ve started both series. Never finished either one. Harry Potter I managed to get up to the 5th book (then it got massive!) and Lemony Snicket up to…2. The first one was a required reading in the 8th grade (each student had to pay $5 to buy a class set) so we could watch the movie.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
I immediately stop reading. Never prolong the suffering is what I always say! <--wait does that even make sense?

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
Can I say “While I was waiting for my so-called Prince whom was drinking at the bar I had to…”

Buy or borrow?
At this fragile point of my life I can only borrow…from a library. Borrowing from out-of-the-city friends takes so much that I only do trades with that. Buying is a luxury so when I do buy it’s mostly as gifts for friends.

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendations, or browse?
Recommendations/browsing. I look at goodreads/amazon/some friends’ recommendation.

Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
Depends. If it’s a stand-alone book it shouldn’t have a cliffhanger. It depends though on how much the book covers. If it’s not enough then I probably would like a cliffhanger just to know that there is a sequel.

Morning reading, afternoon reading, or nighttime reading?
All of the above. But I get the most done in the morning and afternoon.

Stand-alone or series?
You know this question should be part of the other one, at least put them after the other. Stand-alones mostly so I won’t be tempted to buy the next book—I hate you school.

Favorite series?
O_o I do not know. All the series I’ve read so far are not finished as of yet. I do love Artemis Fowl though—not finished. Twilight is probably the only set that I own that’s finished.

Favorite children’s book?
Can this be a plural question? I loved Jerry Spinelli’s Stargirl. Cornelia Funke’s The Thief Lord and Eoin Colfer’s Artemis Fowl series. Right now I’m tempted to read the Percy Jackson series.

Favorite YA book?
This is too hard. It’s like taking someone to a Ben&Jerry’s and asking them you can only get one flavor and you have 1 minute to pick. Instead I will give you a list :D
  1. Graceling
  2. North of Beautiful
  3. Food, Girls, and Other Things I Can’t Have
  4. Faery Rebel
Etc.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
I really did enjoy Academy 7. It’s sad that there’s not a lot of talk about that.

Favorite books read last year?
See I was never a bibliophile. Only a recent one. So it may go to Just Listen by Sarah Dessen.

Favorite books of all time?
Wait, I could have sworn I answered this question before.

What are you reading right now?
Ummm here’s another list:
Lady MacBeth’s Daughter
Of All the Stupid Things
Dead As A Doornail
Flash Burnout
Whatever catches my fancy

What are you reading next?
I think I’m having a hard time with my current reads.

Favorite book to recommend to an 11-year-old?
The Giver, The Thief Lord, Artemis Fowl, Stargirl.

Favorite book to re-read?
I actually rarely re-read books. I think the only one that I went out of my way to re-read was Bloom by Elizabeth Scott. I remember picking her up years ago at my library when she was a deb. Now she has like 7 books out already.

Do you ever smell books?
Yup! Sometimes those really old books. I’m like sniffing around trying to figure out what’s that stench when my nose finds the book. And there are times when I get a book and it has this heavy perfume scent.

Do you ever read primary source documents like letters or diaries?
Ew. I’ve read Anne Frank’s Diary and blarg. Never trying that again.

6 comments:

  1. Lots of books, again! I never watched Project Runway :O

    Hm, I was planning to pick up Academy 7 at one point because of the cover but when I read the summary, it felt a little to Harlequin for me. =w=;

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I went into Ben & Jerry's and had one minute to pick, I could do it! Strawberry cheesecake is my favorite, of thiers. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great answers! I am also a recent bibliophile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fuuny how you found Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger my sister LOVED it. But I'm pretty danm sure her English teacher brainwashed them or something, because honestly my sister goes on and on about how wonderful it is and that I should read it. That was over 5 months ago. Still haven't read. Just doesn't seem my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rainbow? I like rainbow~!!! So how's Flash Burnout? Tell me you like it!

    ReplyDelete