Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday! (25)

Kiss in the Dark by Lauren Henderson (April 13th 2010--Delacorte)

With Dan McAndrews's murder finally behind her, Scarlett has high hopes for a fresh start at Wakefield Hall Collegiate, the elite English boarding school her grandmother runs. Unfortunately, those hopes are dashed when her nemesis, the infamous Plum Saybourne, is transferred to the school. Plum wastes no time turning Scarlett's impressionable classmates against her.

Scarlett has dealt with Plum's nasty schemes before, and she can handle her archenemy very nicely, thank you - until Plum sets her sights on Scarlett's best friend, Taylor, and new boyfriend, Jase. Then Scarlett is more than willing to fight for what's rightfully hers.

Things only get worse after Scarlett becomes entangled in a mysterious death on campus. Scarlett is compelled to investigate because she wants to protect someone close to her. She never imagines that she'll uncover secrets related to her parents' fatal accident so many years ago. . . .


This meme is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

13 comments:

  1. Wakefield! lol that was the name of the high school in the Sweet Valley High series. Not that I ever read any of those..oh no not me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was going to be my next weeks! I'll wait a few weeks to spread them out! I'm so excited about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this one too! I hope Plum doesn't get Jase or Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I have books 1 and 2 but haven't read them yet. I really like the third's cover though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one before, but its one I'll keep a look out for. Great WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh this one looks very good. I have to put it on my wish list also. Good choice, great WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never read this series but I seriously love the cover...maybe I'll give it a shot now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo I really liked the first 2 I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The names Scarlett and Plum make me think of the game Clue...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this cover!!! so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Plum? 0_o

    I guess she's a distant relation to Apple. hehe.

    This looks good though! I swear I passed it by the first time due to the cover - I thought it was a sappy romance! Now I know I want it! I love me some boarding school books.

    ReplyDelete