Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, November 8, 2010

T2T Tour: Mostly Good Girls

Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales

Source: ARC from Simon and Schuster

Grade: 4.8 stars out of 5
Violet is student at a school where it’s okay to be a nerd. In fact, it’s a requirement on most levels (unless you donate a large sum of money to the school). But Westfield School is an all-girls school so the eye-candy is a minimum to only one teacher (who passable a middle-aged man, but definitely no Brad Pitt). For formals and dances, Westfield School pairs up with their brother school who just so happens to educate Scott Walsh—the most perfect male specimen!
Mostly Good Girls require and beg for every exclamation point! for a freaking hilarious! fun! sassy! entertaining! (did I mention hilarious!?) read! (Okay taking a break from the exclamations because it’s getting annoying and because Microsoft Word keeps “fixing” the sentence for me.)

Mostly Good Girls is the best example of a novel about friendship without the need to go over the mushy line. Katie and Violet knows how to party (while keeping it PG-13) with a humor that will get anyone crackin’. That means that aren’t any “Your Momma” jokes, dry humor, sarcastic humor, racial jokes, or anything that will offend somebody (99% positive on this statement). This is pure genuine funny—ha-ha!

The novel will keep you on your toes just waiting to see what happens when you combine Katie and Violet, but the second half of the novel tugs your heartstrings. Do you have a best friend? Like a best-best-best friend that makes the day go by faster? Well have them read Mostly Good Girls with you. There is a good possibility that the things Katie and Violet go through may have happened to you as well.

Oh and before I forget, the ending deserves its own exclamation point! Make that plural!!!! It came from left-field that actually seems plausible.

Cover C-
Too much steel gray?

Order your copy of Mostly Good Girls (NOW!): Amazon / Indie Bound / Book Depository

Read a sample chapter: here

8 comments:

  1. I loved this book so much! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book as well. Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this one sitting around for a while. It was a random arc that I had zero interest in. looks like I'll have to read it now that it is Yanny fanny approved! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. I adored this book

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review!! Sounds like a book I would enjoy! I love books that make me laugh!

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. I have to admit I skipped even looking at this one because the cover totally turned me off but I saw you gave it 4.8 stars so I had to read your review. I just added it to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see another positive review for this one. It sounds like a really fun read. I also agree with you about the cover. I'm not too fond of it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I will definitely give this one a try! It was already on my reading list, but I think it just moved up a few spots!

    ReplyDelete