Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Friday, February 11, 2011

Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance

Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin

Grade: 2 stars out of 5 [for the plot, its potential and the side-characters who were great]
Jenna aka Charlie Tracker is having a fauxmance with costar Jonah aka Fielding Withers aka Aaron Littleton. In reality they can barely stand each other. But their agents need them to fake it so ratings could stay up. But when rumors start to fly that Fielding is gay and their relationship is a lie, Charlie and Aaron hide away.
I am so freaking happy that Fielding is not his real name. No offense to any Fielding's (first names) of course. Anyway onto the novel.

Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance sounds quite adorable, but in reality the two fight so much and practice their scripts/fake life/how they should act that it's not adorable. They're both quite the blockheads and the novel drags. I kept hoping in the end that the pace would pick up and the story would lighten up. Um, not so much. I gritted my teeth and held on just hoping and hoping. 

The novel is quite repetitive and I felt the same scenario being played over and over again. On and on, back and forth Charlie and Aaron bicker, piss at each other, fake romance for the cameras, and then make up...sorta. I didn't see much character development and got a little annoyed with both. If this were to be a movie I would be the person in the back of the theater screaming "shut up and get on with it!". 

As I don't have much positive things to say about Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance I'll be the one to shut up now.

Source: Walker Books
Cover B
Published: 2011 February 1; paperback and hardcover

7 comments:

  1. El oh el this books seems like a bit if a dud from what I've been reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with everything, check out my review: http://chicareader.blogspot.com/2011/02/jenna-jonahs-fauxmance-by-emily.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!
    Sorry you didn't enjoy this book.
    l actually received this for review and l am hoping l will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa. definitely NOT reading this one . . . ;) haha sorry you didn't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this to read and am looking forward to it. Shame you didn't like it, but cheers for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just about to read. now it is not longer at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you didn't enjoy this book.
    l actually received this for review and l am hoping l will like it! 2945abc45 0217

    ReplyDelete