Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Raised by Wolves

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Source: ARC from market firm/Egmont

Grade: 4 stars out of 5 (for the gravitational pull)
Bryn has been raised by wolves since the age of 4 when her parents were murdered by the werewolf with star scar on his forehead. Now 15, Byrn meets Chase, a newly turned werewolf, who may have more in common with than just a new sudden attraction.
I seem to love most books published by Egmont USA and Raised by Wolves is no exception. I will be lying if I don’t attempt that I was petrified to read this novel because after skimming it once, the novel just did not appeal to me. That and the fact that I never did so well with werewolf novels previously (adult and YA).

Raised by Wolves had a hypnotic narration that kept me glued to the story even if my mind told me that I should get up and do the chores that needed to be done. Nope, I wanted to sit down and devour this book like how a wolf would take down a deer. It was going to be slow and sensual and addicting. That being said, I clocked in about estimated 4 hours worth of reading in-between making meals and cleaning the house. It was as slow as I could go because it was “addicting”. Raised by Wolves was definitely a novel that caught my full attention.

Bryn is a human girl raised by wolves and for that she’s strong and tough. She can run 12 miles and throw a knife at you before you even think to utter the word ‘Uncle’. She’s trapped in two worlds and can fit into neither one yet she doesn’t break down and start bawling every chance she gets. She is a fighter, resilient, and protective. And a great heroine to read.

However I do have some remaining questions. 1) Where did Chase and Bryn meet before? 2) These knacks… 3) Random capitalization of words. Is this just an ARC thing? 4) Wilson—where did he come from? A smidge of background would be nice since apparently that some knew of him. 5) Chase—ditto as Wilson.

Cover N/A


ARC Cover: B
I actually like the pop of color with the ARC. The moon is definitely weird but the eyes are a nice touch and I love the background. It has a silkscreen effect, which I just want to touch.

Raised by Wolves has been for some time: Amazon / Indie Bound / Book Depository

4 comments:

  1. I've never actually read something especially about werewolfs, and I have no idea if I'd like or not. So this is one I should try? Based on your review, it seem to be and I hope it is once I am in the mood to read this kind. :) Super great review. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your review :) I so want to read Raised by Wolves but at the same time I'm so afraid of being disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are not that many YA books that I'm dying to read over and over again but this book has to be one of the best Werewolf books that I've read. I devoured this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was raised by wolves? But she can speak right?

    It would be interesting if she couldn't and she used telepathy! *g*

    Thanks for the review.. I might check it out!

    ReplyDelete