Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, November 23, 2009

Confessions of First Daughter

Confessions of First Daughter by Cassidy Calloway (September 1st 2009—HarperTeen)

Grade: 3.5 stars out of 5

Summary: “Morgan Abbott has no social life and no privacy, and her every screwup makes front page news. That’s what happens when your mom’s the president of the United States—and Morgan is sooo over it. But now her mom needs a presidential stand-in! With the help of Morgan’s cute new secret service agent, a little makeup, and a lot of family resemblance, she’s soon seeing things from the other side of the desk.”

NOTE: This review isn’t really a review because I have to idea what to write.

Review: Confessions of a First Daughter was one of those novels like Never Cry Werewolf. There’s no real plot to it. I mean there is a plot but nothing complex. Morgan’s running for school president but things go awry when your rival is an evil witch who steals your speech! But never fear, having your mom be the President can have its perks when you learn the trick of the trade: impromptu motivational speech while still downgrading your opponent. Bur Morgan needs to find her inner zen soon because things start to spiral downhill when her hot boyfriend starts to pressure you, you’re national picked upon when a certain evil witch takes an embarrassing and mortifying photo of you, and you’re caught between a hard place and a really cute-but-unavailable (emphasis on the “UN”) guy.

Morgan’s life is just like a regular teenager’s life. She has boy troubles. She has heinous bully problems. She just has a little extra attention. Which makes this book oh so predictable and oh so fun to read. You’re trapped in a roller coaster ride of giggles, sympathy, a ‘ha-ha you so deserved that karma’, and a happy ending. I found myself wholly enjoying this book and excitedly awaiting the next installment to this series.

Overall: Think Macey from Gallagher Girls series but no spy action. Think fun, guilty read book.

Cover B-

4 comments:

  1. I felt the same way, but I am looking forward to the next book in the series. Nice review(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like this one. In terms of a light and quick read, I think it did pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found myself liking this one a lot too. :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what's funny? I was just about to start this book after finishing up what I'm reading now. Great review- I'm even more excited to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete