Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, March 14, 2011

Manga Monday: Elemental Gelade

Elemental Gelade by Maymui Azuma
"Cou, the bumbling rookie of the "Red Lynx" sky pirate squadron, has just discovered the treasure of a lifetime - a mighty member of the ancient race of Edel Raids. Ren, at first glance, seems to be a shy and defenseless girl, but she holds within her a power that many are willing to kill for. When Cou takes it upon himself to protect Ren on her journey to a mysterious place called Edel Garden, he immediately makes new friends and dangerous enemies."
I watched the anime and not sure of the standings of the manga. But Elemental Gelade (it was Gerade when I first saw it...) is a great action, adventure, romantic story. Cuts to the chase, no filler episodes, but very cheesy at times.

5 comments:

  1. Love this! My daughter would go ga-ga over this cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!! Elemental Gelade is one of my favourite animes ever. I loved it so much! I heard the manga was quite different to the anime, so I've never read it just in case it's not as good :P. I love the anime storyline (though you're right, it is very cheesy at times :D).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of Elemental Gelade but haven't seen it. I love cheesy things though, so I'd probably enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love cheesy anime. I'm STILL a raving Sailor Moon fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I'm Kate Evangelista, author of Taste, and I just wanted to take this time to introduce myself. If you have the time, please stop by The Coffee Bar by using the link below:

    http://kateevangelistanovels.blogspot.com/

    I hope to see you there.

    Sincerely,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete