Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Friday, March 18, 2011

Outside In

Outside In by Maria V. Snyder

Grade: 4 stars out of 5
In the sequel to Inside Out, Trella and the Force of the Sheep have managed to overthrow the tyranny of the Pop Cops. Now that the rebellion is over Trella feels confident in leaving the rest to a select group of committee members. But now there is trouble In and Out.
I rave about Maria V. Snyder. If you ask me for a book recommendation and am not afraid of a little fantasy, I’ll list all of Snyder’s works. The Poison Study series may be geared to an older audience I still think it’s appropriate for teens. I mean sex isn’t as hush-hush as it was before, which may be why Poison Study was moved from the adult section to the teen section. At any rate I’m ranting about her other works when I should be focusing on Inside Out!

Outside In was a maze of a book—twisty plotlines, double crossers, triple crossers, emotion upheavals, etc. While it did get irritating at some points especially the amount of times Trella gets trick, I was impressed that Synder did not shy away from tough character choices. Some authors cop out from deaths, but Snyder doesn’t take that route. Readers become more emotional attached to the characters. However I do think effects of the deaths could have been more pronounced.

Because Outside In is published HarlequinTeen, there needs to be a level of romance I would expect. Outside In doesn’t disappoint. Things get steamy (literally in the shower).

Source: personal
Cover B-
I wish both the girl and the guy were both black silhouettes and not just the guy.
Published: 2011, February 15

4 comments:

  1. I do like the texture of the cover photo. The tunnel looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series sounds quite good. I'll have to pick up Inside Out! Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds awesome.

    great post.

    I woke up Sunday a.m. to find my blog, my 500 plus followers, my 100plus author interviews, and my 200 plus reviews gone. Blogger gave no explanation, but I think the account was hacked. Change your password often!

    I have reloaded the interviews and reviews, plus redesigned the blog. But if you could, please hit the "follow" button so I can reclaim the fellow bloggers I miss. I'm still following you, as my account remained--thank goodness!
    http://kellymoranauthor.blogspot.com

    Thank you!
    Kelly Moran
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you like it better than Inside Out? :3

    I can't wait to read this one!! ^^

    ReplyDelete