Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Winners + Pick My Poison Please


The winners for Numbers: The Chaos are:

Melissa C. (favorite number 11)
Cinnamon (favorite number 19)


Pick My Poison.

I have to write a 10 page essay after reading one of the following texts. I have not read any of the texts so I want you to recommend me one from the following:
  • Kipling: Jungle Books, Kim or Stalkey and Company
  • Alcott: Little Women
  • Barrie: Peter Pan (novel or play)
  • Stevenson: Treasure Island or Kidnapped
  • Frances Hodgson Burnett: Little Lord Fauntleroy, The Secret Garden, or Little Princess
  • Lucy Maud Montgomery: Ann of Green Gables
  • Tolkien: The Hobbit
  • Adams: Watership Down
  • The Wizard of Oz

14 comments:

  1. I loved A Little Princess when I was 10ish. I read the book and watched the movie I don't know how many times. I would recommend either that or The Secret Garden, and advise you to stay away from Little Women (shudder).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't read Little Women...what? One of my favorites. I've read it at least 3 or 4 times. You must read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne Of Green Gables. You will fall in love with Anne! She is amazing! such a diva!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Secret Garden if you like Victorian Britishism and heart-warming nature-loving things. Anne of Green Gables if you like more of village schools and lively/smart main character and swoon-worthy (though more in sequels) love interests.

    Both are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, some great options here. What's your essay on? Little Women is great, and one of the longer texts, if that's what you're after. Otherwise Peter Pan is a quick, easy and lovely read. As are The Secret Garden and Anne of Green Gables... hmmm maybe I'm not being too helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for the giveaway:)!

    Little Women, The Secret Garden, and Anne of Green Gables are all wonderful choices. Gotta love the classics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Belle--the essay is on whatever topic I choose :) Which is great and horrible at the same time lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of these great books! How about Little Women or Treasure Island?

    meredithfl at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Several great books here, but I highly recommend Watership Down. It's an easy read despite its excellent language, thematically deep, and it's fun. I've read it numerous times, and more importantly, I've written a college paper on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Anne of Green Gables and The Hobbit. XD.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Wizard of Oz would be the easiest to read and has a lot to dissect. Also, in the book the slippers are silver to represent the money & times. That's the short version.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wrote a page a few years back in a creative writing course on The Wizard of Oz. And I throughly enjoyed the research I did on it. Pretty fascinating stuff
    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete