Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Match Made in High School

This is a repost
A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker (February 9th 2010--Razorbill)

Grade: 4.5 stars out of 5

Summary: “When the principal announces that every senior must participate in a mandatory year-long Marriage Education program, Fiona Sheehan believes that her life can’t get any worse. Then she marries her “husband”: jerky jock Todd, whose cheerleader girlfriend, Amanda, has had it in for Fiona since day one of second grade. Even worse? Amanda is paired with Fiona’s long-term crush, Gabe. At least Fiona is doing better than her best friend, Marcie, who is paired up with the very quiet, very mysterious Johnny Mercer.”

Review: This book was hi-freaking-larious! The traded insults, the clever pranks, the laugh out loud rants! I spent the majority of the time actually laughing rather than reading, but of course I did love the words, plotlines, as well.

I love the way the characters were done. In the very beginning you just couldn’t help but hate Todd and fall over heals for Gabe, the perfect guy. The transition from hate, to tolerable, to almost, dare I say, liked of Todd was impeccably done. A smooth ride, without a single awkward phase. The other characters were also quite dimensional, the bad side and the good side. It never was this single label you could place on someone, a dumb blond cheerleader, a forever by your side best friend, and even a big awkward music loving, just, guy friend.

This book was so unpredictable! One minute I think I have everything figured out and who ends up with whom then WHAM! “Why didn’t I see this coming!?” Despite the subtle albeit huge hints dropped along the way, my one-tracked though I had it all figured out. I’m actually so happy I was wrong.

I also the ending was extremely well done! Everything pulled in together, a pleasing ending

Overall: An amazing, spectacular read!

Cover B-
P.S. I read January '09 so my "voice" may sound different.

7 comments:

  1. I just received this one in the mail today. I can't wait to start it and have a good laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my WOW pick yesterday (plus fun author interview), I can't wait to read it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has been giving this one rave reviews, I hope to read it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. German Amazon why don't you sell it? ;___; I hope the other online shop is faster. arrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review!
    I'm looking forward to reading this one,
    I've read so many good reviews.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this one- so hilarious!! Great review!

    ReplyDelete