Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Brain Won't Work--Winners, Awards, and News!

So the contest winner has been decided for my IN A HEARTBEAT contest. I had a whopping 156 entries (I gave up halfway double checking if anyone entered more than once), which is really surprising! It's actually been one of the best contest for a single book in regards to unique entries. At any rate the winner is:

Lisa (A Life Bound by Books)

Award Time! Yes I realize that this is really, really late.

This was awarded to me by Aimee from A Book Dork and by Lucy of Delightful Reviews. The rules are to: 1) List 10 honest things about yourself and 2) Pass it on to 10 other honest bloggers.
  1. I can't swim, float, paddle, or waddle in water. I am, however, capable of drinking it. Look at me go drink!
  2. I tried learning how to ride a bike when I was 9, 10, and 12. At the age of 12 I finally mastered pedaling on a bike whose breaks did not work. Shortly after learning to ride I ran into a pole (after I tried to emergency break twice times), chipped one of my front tooth, bleed profusely, and was promptly banned from riding ever again. Well that was a good 3 hours of having wind blowing through my hair!
  3. I can't seem to be able to bake chocolate chip cookies, but I can bake a chocolate chip cookie cake to perfection. Yeah I don't understand the logic behind that either as the cake version is just like the cookie version but bigger.
  4. Whenever one of my friends ask if I have a crush on someone I reply back saying that I'm asexual and reproduce by budding. It works every time.
  5. I am a Twi-hard so shut it. (Just not the really crazy ones).
  6. I hate the number '6'
  7. I have a bad cold right now so I dare you to get within two feet of me. I double dog dare you.
  8. I am rather shy in right life. But once I get to know you and we've become friends I get somewhat violent towards you. But don't take it the wrong way! It's my way of showing I care.
  9. I once mailed a book out using dimes, nickels, and pennies. Let's just say the USPS worker wasn't very happy with me.
  10. I dislike hanging posters above my bed. Why? Because I have an unhealthy fear that it'll fall on my face whilst I sleep and I'll suffocate because of it.
I'm passing this on to:
  1. Dannie
  2. Carol
  3. Kate
  4. Lenore
  5. Steph Su
  6. Krystle
  7. Lenore
  8. Diana
  9. Jenna
  10. Sharon
And since I was awarded two I'm going to list more! :)
  1. Gail
  2. Ka-Yam
  3. Brooke
  4. Adele
  5. Khy
Okay I'm going to stop there. I feel nauseous now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
was given to me by Turning Into YA Books. Rules are: answer the following questions with Single Word answers then pass this along to 5 other bloggers. Make sure you let them know about it though.

Your Cell Phone? Old
Your Hair? Straight
Your Mother? Loud
Your Father? Child-like
Your Favorite Food? Edible
Your Dream Last Night? Black
Your Favorite Drink? Water O_O
Your Dream/Goal? Live!
What Room Are You In? Bedroom
Your Hobby? Reading
Your Fear? Failing
Where Do You Want To Be In Six Years? House
Where Were You Last Night? Bedroom
Something That You Aren't? Male
Muffins? Crumbly
Wish List Item? Tissues (for my cold)
Where Did You Grow Up? America
Last Thing You Did? Dishes
What Are You Wearing? Clothes
Your TV? Useless
Your Pets? None
Friends? Happy
Your Life? Sick
Your Mood? Amused
Missing Someone? Friends
Vehicle? None
Something You Aren't Wearing? Jewelry
Your Favorite Store? N/A LOL
Your Favorite Color? Depends
When Was The Last Time You Laughed? Now
Last Time You Cried? idk (that's one word!)
Your Best Friend? Missing
One Place You Go To Over And Over Again? Bedroom
Facebook?
Favorite Place To Eat? Table

Five blogs:
  1. Cat
  2. Velvet
  3. Eleni
  4. Jenny
  5. Brizmus (because I love one of her blog names)
------------------------------------------------------------------
from Little Miss Becky! I'm going to skip this one as I've already done this twice before :)
Last but not least, Awesome Adventures!

Get in on the action with Awesome Adventure!

Discover new adventures from middle grade authors like Frank Cottrell Boyce (Cosmic), Megan Whelan Turner (A Conspiracy of Kings), Herbie Brennan (The Shadow Project), Maryrose Wood (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place), Paul Adam (Max Cassidy: Escape from Shadow Island) and Jon Berkeley (The Hidden Boy) and see the stories come to life with free online games, book trailers, podcasts, and more.

The Adventures, The Arcade, The (weekly) Sweepstakes, and The Videos & Podcasts.

11 comments:

  1. Lol! I have like a few posters above my bed but whenever they do fall (most of the time they don't), I automatically wake up (if asleep) to fix them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's that, what's that? i see my name!!! *reading*

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I do, too. not swim. but I can dive. x) and I've twilight posters above my bed. one is even framed!!! I live dangerous. harhar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe... I like your answer to #4 for the Honest Scrap Award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I won! lol Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!! I'll email you my info! I'm so excited to read this book.

    Also, I love the answer for #10. lol

    Thanks so much for the great contest!

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! I am so honest, you listed me twice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't swim either!
    And I love your answer to #4 :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. One (or tons) of good awards deserve another?

    Here's an award for you!

    ReplyDelete