Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lovestruck Summer

Lovestruck Summer by Melissa Walker (May 16th 2009—Harper Teen)

Grade: 3.5 stars out of 5

Summary:
“Austin music fest
Yay, summer in Austin!
Good food, good times. Fun for everyone!
Okay, living with my sorority-brainwashed cousin, who willingly goes by "Party Penny," is not exactly what I had in mind.
All your favorite bands
But the cute musicians I've met totally make up for it . . . like Sebastian. Swoon.
All ages welcome
So why can't I stop thinking about Penny's friend All-American Russ and his Texas twang??
Saturday & Sunday, from noon to midnight
Don't wait up!”

Review: Lovestruck Summer is a perfect spring/summer read. Readers will find this book to be a guilty pleasure because it’s a mind-numbing fun story with no real hardy plotline. That is not to say that’s bad, oh no. Let’s say you’ve just read like 5 books one after the other where the main character is a drug addict, a cutter, has a lot of emotional baggage, or just really, really depressing, that’s where this book comes it. It’s the sun amongst the clouds.

Quirky, humorous, whimsical, fun, sweet, sad, predictable though, and an overall blast to read. I felt like I was with Quinn through her highs and lows, sweet nothings to the not so sweet good-byes.

You can’t really reassess a novel like this but this is meant to be enjoyed not overanalyzed. I mean sure you can point out all the faults but then you’re taking away all the fun Lovestruck Summer has to offer. So I’m leaving it like it is.

And pssttt for $5.99 this book can be a steal

Overall: Nope you’re not getting thing anymore out of me!

Cover C+

8 comments:

  1. I love light, fun books and I love Melissa's writing, so this is a must-read for me. I've been trying to look for it everywhere, but they don't have it at any of my local bookstores, so I guess I have to order off of Amazon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this a while ago and gave it away on bookmooch. yay for bookmooch! Lol. I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to check this one out for awhile but not exactly fond of the Violet series so I'm wary about it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fluffy love deluxe! I liked it very much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks very summery. I hope I can read it next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm glad you liked it for the sunshiney feel! I wrote it during the summer and was totally in a carefree mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed...LOVESTRUCK was just a fun read and I loved Russ!

    ReplyDelete