Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday Mystery: Lindsay Eland

My sister and I used to play the ever-popular “would you rather” game, where the two choices are both equally awful, but you have to—you just have to—choose which one you would rather have or do or be. So I thought, huh? Why not play it right now for Yan’s Monday Mystery?

Soooooo….

Would I rather:

Get face-clawed by a cheetah

Or

Be kicked in the chest by a wild mustang

For this one, I think I’d have to go with choice number two: the kick to the chest. My main reasons being that:

1. I do not like the sight of my own blood…but then again who really does?
2. I think it would be terrifying to be that “up-close” to a cheetah
3. I’d always have the scar running down my face where he’d clawed me, and my face would be plastered all over AOL News and I’d be known as “Lindsay the Cheetah Girl” and really that doesn’t have a nice ring to it.

The mustang kick is equally awful though, because surviving a blow to the chest, is most likely very slim. Still, I’d take my chances. For one thing, I like the idea of myself trying to get close to a wild mustang because that is just a wildly romantic picture in my head, and then there is the obvious “no scar on the face so therefore no “Lindsay the cheetah girl” pictures on AOL News. And then maybe, with all the publicity surrounding me, I’d be able to buy the wild mustang, tame it, and ride it…which is also lives up to the wildly romantic picture in my head.

How about another one?

Would I rather:

Kiss a jellyfish

Or

Step on a crab

Definitely the “step on a crab.” Kissing a jellyfish would be very painful and besides they look very slimy, very squishy, and very squashy and I don’t want to touch something, let alone kiss something that is very slimy, very squishy, or very squashy. And really, do they have lips? And for that matter…do they even have eyes? A little too weird.

Okay, now my debut middle grade novel, Scones and Sensibiliy (December 22, 2009 Egmont-USA) is about matchmaking going miserably and hilariously wrong. So, in that vein, my question to you is…okay, so it doesn’t have anything to do with that, other than I think this question is hilarious.

Would you rather:

Be born with a giraffe’s neck

or

Be born with an elephant trunk?
So readers! If you can kindly answer Lindsay's question to you you'll be in the drawing for some swag! Bookmarks, book plates, little duckies, whatever I can find! This will be in one and a half weeks!

7 comments:

  1. Great question!!
    Hmm, I think I'll take the neck. My reasons:
    It's easier to hide. Well, not really... but I could always wrap a few stylish scarfs around my neck and start a new trend! I don't think the trunk could be hidden since it's very visible and it doesn't call for trend-setting. No one wants an elephant trunk:)
    Yan, you're slick. You didn't share which one you'd rather have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. I would definitely have to choose the giraffe's neck! I am already tall so why not add on some more height! And the elephants trunk would be kinda weird, although it would be fun to squirt water out of it..if that is possible since its attached to you. hm, yes..Giraffe's neck all the way!

    -Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. An elephant's trunk could be surgically removed (if you had the money). It would be quite a bit more difficult to fix a giraffe's neck.

    So I'm going to go with the trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post!

    I'm going with the giraffe's neck! I don't want something coming out of the middle of my face. Plus, think of all the great things you could see with a giraffe's neck! I'm just being positive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd have to go with the a giraffe's neck as well. I mean, I've always wanted to be taller. I'm pretty sure that that would keep me from having to physically look up to most people, which for some odd reason always automatically makes me feel inferior.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trunk for sure. It's easier to control it, meanwhile the neck will go wild. I don't want to be yelled at if I go to the movies you know? Besides, the trunk looks mysterious, way hotter than the neck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd rather be born with an elephant truck. A giraffe neck would mean I was too far away to talk to friends (and no one would be able to give you a neck massage if you had a stiff/sore neck). An elephant trunk would be useful (wouldn't have to move to get the remote and it's a useful weapon).

    ReplyDelete