Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bargain Books (1)

I was browsing though Amazon's bargain page in hopes to find some great deals before finalizing my list to buy and I came across this: CLICK ME :D

Recall just a few days ago I was spewing words at you talking about how Jellicoe Road affected me, well now's your chance to own a copy at a great price to see what all the hoopla is about. I go through the bargain pages on Amazon almost trimonthly so I normally don't post about my finds (well sometimes I do on twitter) because it is quite a hefty list, but excited couldn't express how I felt when I saw Jellicoe Road on the page (just ask my pointing finger as I jabbed at the screen). Two hours later I somehow managed to compile a list of doom: books that I may end up buying or just books that I might recommend friends to buy.


some of the great finds! just realize that I did not post all the teen bargain book titles because I wasn't excited enough for some of them. there are definitely so much more there! I have reviewed 4 out of 8 of these novels so you can find them somewhere on the blog.

 


have you read the books below (they're also bargain books)? if so would you recommend them? I'm still on the fence for many of the books and I just want to hear your opinions before making my decision.


I also just wanted to direct your attention to the Traveling to Teens Tour weebly page where Steph just gave it a face-lift! It looks so much more organized now xD

Traveling to Teens

14 comments:

  1. I loved, loved, loved KING OF ATTOLIA and would definitely recommend it. However, it's the 3rd book in the series and holds major spoilers for the previous two: THE THIEF and QUEEN OF ATTOLIA. I would recommend starting with THE THIEF then work your way to KING.

    Here's a not very spoilery review of the series by The Book Smugglers. :)

    I'd definitely recommend borrowing the first 2 from the library and buying the 3rd one. One of my favorite series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother loves that series and I actually own the 4th LOL xD I probably will buy the first two, but the third is on sale so it'll most likely be a MUST O_O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so many on your list I still want to read.

    Just One Wish was so so good! A fast easy read with a really great heart to the story. Janette is such an amazing person and writes about the subject of cancer from personal knowledge. My full review and an interview with Janette is on my page, just search for Janette Rallison, and it should come up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Most excellent year is a lot of fun to read; not too realistic in the exploits and totally awesome parents, but really funny and charming! Lots of heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hold Still is an amazing book. I definitely recommend that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read a lot of good reviews of HOLD STILL, but I haven't actually read any of the on-the-fence books yet so I can't make any personal recommendations. :)

    By the way, I LOVE MADAPPLE. And JELLICOE ROAD. Just throwing that out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the heads up on bargain books :) *loves bargains*

    Like you, I really enjoyed Rampant, and Jellicoe Road is OMGAMAZING. (one of my all time faves).

    I haven't read Hold Still, but have heard really great things about it. I checked out the first chapter a while back & the prose is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY! YOU HAVE TO read My Most Excellent Year! If you want to see my review:http://wickedgoodbooks.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-most-excellent-year-novel-of-love.html

    I think I'll have to check out Jellicoe Road and some of the other books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would definitely reccomend Hold Still! Thanks for the bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought Hold Still was a pretty good book. And YAY for mentioning T2T! I didn't know what to do with myself this afternoon and I figured that's what I wanted to do. :P

    Need to stop thinking about T2T for a few hours now..

    ReplyDelete
  11. These all look so good! Not enough time to read! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful covers and some interesting looking titles. Need to look into these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You must get JUST ONE WISH. It is a FANTASTIC book! Soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely recommend Hold Still--a beautiful read!
    I just discovered your blog (thanks Okapi and Rica!), and I'm really loving it. :)

    Also the Vladimir Todd series are good.

    Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete