Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, July 26, 2010

Manga Monday: Barajou no Kiss

Barajou no Kiss by Shouoto Aya

Other Titles: Kiss of Rose Princess
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Drama, Action, (makes reader embarrassed) Comedy
Art: 4.5 stars
Plot: 3.5 stars
Characters: 2.8 stars
Serialized: Not in US yet
It's about a girl who has magical powers...not really. It turns out she is a rose princess and she has 4 rose knights protecting her. When she kisses their cards (sort of like Card Captor Sakura anyone?) they gain their respected powers. Which is really useful because someone is after her and sending "fake" roses--lime, orange, yellow, etc.--to attack her. Now Anis, the girl, needs to collect a different set of cards in order to fix the door that leads to a really bad place (perhaps Hell? not sure, but it's really bad).
So you are dying for some eye-candy pick this manga up. It is very "Mary-Sue" and has one of those plots that is simplistic. It is entertaining and I spent a couple hours reading when I was bored.

2 comments:

  1. I started reading this manga a while ago but I kind of forgot about it^^

    It's not the best manga I've read but it isn't bad and it's entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first couple chapters of Barajou no Kiss and was hardly impressed. I stopped. However, I find another work of the mangaka's, Stray Love Hearts, more promising.

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete