Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Glimpse

Glimpse by Carol Lynch Williams

Source: Traded with Carrie (Carrie's YA Bookshelf I believe?)

Grade: 4.8 stars out of 5
Finding her sister
with a shotgun to her
head,
Hope tries to figure out
what would make her sister
do such a thing.
Glimpse had a high bar to reach after
The Chosen One
and Carol Lynch Williams managed to
deliver.

Written in verses,
Glimpse is a novel to breeze through,
but the emotional and tragic subject
for the novel is
not.

It is a stunning novel
of redemption for the soul
as Hope stumbles along
the road of her sister’s trauma.

It is a story of struggle of money,
of deaths,
of protecting the sisterhood.

Glimpse is only a
glimpse
of I foresee and expect of
Carol Lynch Williams.

This was literary
L
O
V
E


Ah,
but I do question
some of the vague details
of their past life and of Hope.
Is she 13?
Or is she 12?

Cover B-

Buy Glimpse:
Amazon
Indie Bound
Book Depository

CymLowell

7 comments:

  1. I just read this, I totally agree, it's amazing.(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I love how you've written it. Not a fan of verse novels, but this sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds haunting (subject matter) but also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Chosen One, but I'm not sure this is for me since it's written in verse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you loved it! I love Carol to death, she is an amazing woman.

    For those of you saying you're not sure if the verse is for you, try it. It is less verse than sentences just printed in verse. If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you write your review in verse. You rock : ) I hope I can get to read this book soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to read this!

    Visiting from Cym Lowell.

    ReplyDelete