Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Naughty List

The Naughty List by Suzanne Young (February 4th 2010—Razorbill)

Grade: 4 stars out of 5

Summary: “As if being a purrfect cheerleader isn’t enough responsibility!

Tessa Crimson’s the sweet and spunky leader of the SOS (Society of Smitten Kittens), a cheer squad–turned–spy society dedicated to bringing dastardly boyfriends to justice, one cheater at a time. Boyfriend-busting wouldn’t be so bad . . . except that so far, every suspect on the Naughty List has been proven 100% guilty!

When Tessa’s own boyfriend shows up on the List, she turns her sleuthing skills on him. Is Aiden just as naughty as all the rest, or will Tessa’s sneaky ways end in catastrophe?

The Naughty List. Is your boyfriend on it?”

Review: I’ll be the first to admit that I was petrified to read this book. I do not sit well with overly cute summaries. Just something about them gives me goosebumps and kicks up the gag reflexives. But partially into the book I was found giggling in a little corner with this sweetie.

The Naughty List is a perfect read when down in the dumps. It took a few chapters in before I found myself enjoying this book. This book is energetic, fast paced after the first few chapters, sexy (in the not overly so), and oh so fun and adorable to read. Sometimes it gets to be too much but that mostly depends on your level of cuteness. Okay I have got to stop—I’m already smiling just by writing this review and recalling the book.

My only major complaint is that I kind of, just a teensy weensy bit, need the next book soon aka like right now. I am prepared to bake a dozen cupcakes for it (with those cute sprinkles on top too).

Overall: Do you have to be a cheerleader to be a SOS member?

Cover B-
Um, should the models’ hair color switch?

7 comments:

  1. Love this review! This book looks like candy, and I'm so happy it won you over. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! This book sounds great.

    -Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I'm even more excited to read this now

    (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw many great reviews on this one. So,I'm going to have to get a copy as soon as it comes out. Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have great expectation for The Naughty List, so seeing you give this book a 4 is really great :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I loved this book too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome review! Yay, I'm glad you liked it! I can't wait to get started on it :)

    ReplyDelete