Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Sunday, January 25, 2009

One Butt Cheek at a Time

Gert Garibaldi's Rants and Raves: One Butt Cheek at a Time by Amber Kizer (October 7th 2007)

Grade: 3.5 stars out of 5

Summary: “GERT GARIBALDI ISN'T ONE OF those people who believe high school is the best part of life. She has a whole notebook full of rants about high school, and she's fully aware of how ridiculous the experience is, thank you very much. Gert just wants to survive the next three years, one butt cheek at a time, with her best friend, Adam, by her side - and maybe Luscious Luke attached to her lips. With a stapler. Or something. But muddling through isn't even as easy as it seems - there are geriatric parents to deal with, Homecoming festivities (admit it - those words just sent a little chill down your spine), crushes, ed (both sex and driving), and potential new boyfriends - for both Gert and Adam.”

Overall: This was such a fun, fun book to read! It had me laughing for hours on end. Gert is like an inner diva that every girl should process in their life. With hilarious adventures and random rants, One Butt at a Time is a must read for people looking for quick and funny read. My main concern the scenes involving her physical self. Maya aka her vagina had me raising my eyebrows at points; it was just too much information needed that made it awkward to read.

Cover C-
Special thanks to Amber for sending me a copy to review!

7 comments:

  1. haha Just the title of the book is funny. Sounds like a fun read. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd had my eye on this one recently! Do you read in your sleep or something? How many books do you read a week???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I aim for at least one XD but I usually get about 2-3 in if I have time :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this one too it's pretty funny

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol. sounds like a funny one. and about your main concern, have you read Anatomy of a Boyfriend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do want to read this. It sounds hilarious!!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete