Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, January 5, 2009

Tallulah Falls

Tallulah Falls by Christine Fletcher (May 29th 2007)

Grade: 2 stars out of 5

Summary: “When Tallulah Addy sets out on an impulsive cross-country trip to rescue her best friend, she doesn't anticipate getting stranded in rural Tennessee without a dime. Nor does she guess that rescuing a dog will land her a job in the local veterinarian’s office. But there, under the wary eye of ornery Dr. Poteet, Tallulah works harder than ever before, tending to animals of all shapes and sizes—and unexpectedly, to wounds long-buried in herself. Tallulah swears she'll leave the first chance she gets, yet when given the choice, it may prove harder to keep the promise to her friend than to say good-bye to the strangers who have become her new family.”

Review: I have to say I was fairly disappointed in this book. I felt that at least one-third to one-half of the book could have been taken out. While reading the procedures of treating various animals is quite interesting in the beginning, reading about it for 100 pages or so isn’t.

I thought that some of the relationship Tallulah had with the many characters could have been developed quite further. The characters themselves could also have been further developed themselves. They seemed very much monotone.

The scenes that I happen to do like were very well done. Great tone, great description, and great atmosphere. If only the entire novel was like that.

Overall: Many of the things the author wrote could have been taken out and elaborated on the characters and character relationship. A decent attempt at a coming of age story.

Cover A-

This may probably be my last review for the next two weeks or so. Right now school has started so I currently have my head is some other books and after that I'll be reading tons of books on Washington Irving for my thesis paper unless you guys want me to review those books XD.

2 comments: