Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Year of the Horse

And now we have Jillian Cantor!
One of my guilty pleasures is astrology. I read my horoscope every morning at breakfast. I like knowing what will be in store for me each day, whether my day is predicted to be 5 stars or 2 stars, and though I only half believe it, I can’t keep myself from looking! (What do you expect? I’m a Gemini! I have dual personality traits!!) So when Yan asked me to write a post for the Chinese New Year, I immediately thought of Chinese Astrology, and I did a little reading up to see where I fit in in the Chinese Zodiac.

I was born in the year of the horse. From what I’ve read, that means I should be energetic, intelligent, persistent, healthy, a good communicator, and creative. I should also like to be the center of attention. Okay, that last part is blatantly not me – I hate being the center of attention – the very thought makes me want to break out into hives!

But the rest really fits me to a tee. I am definitely creative (I even read that a good career for a horse is a writer.) and persistent (It did take me nearly 5 years to get The September Sisters sold after I wrote it, and I refused to give up!). I’m a good communicator – at least in a writerly sense – and I even did a small stint as a journalist in college. I’ve always considered myself intelligent and did very, very well in school. And healthy living – eating tons of fruits and vegetables and exercising -- is definitely an important part of my life.

Of course, if you think about it, you have to wonder, how can every person born in the same year have the same traits? But at least, in my case, horse seems to fit me rather well! So what sign are you, and do the traits fit you? Check out this cool website: www.chinesezodiac.com
You can find Jillian at www.jilliancantor.com

6 comments:

  1. I was born a Rat, but my family called me Mousie because it sounded nicer. I think the Rat suits me, though I hope to have lasting relationships - I try really hard to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a horse too, and I think it slightly fits me. I think I'm creative, or I try to be...I can be intelligent....but I HATE being the center of attention too and a couple other things don't totally fit.

    It's half and half.
    But I'm like you, I'm a Gemini too. :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a monkey. I'm strong willed and I sometimes can be a little too agreeable. Both very true about me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a monkey and some of the traits do fit me such as being smart, clever, and that we make good decisions. The rest of the stuff doesn't fit me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a monkey! Strong-willed is an understatement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am a new fan of your blog. Hope you can join my free horse lovers club RiderMate.com. It is very active now.

    ReplyDelete