Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Blog Tour: Say the Word Part 3

A special announcement everyone! Turns out the Say the Word by Jeannine Garsee is not yet over! It turns out I have a little surprise for everyone (it was a surprise to me too!). Ready? I will be giving a signed copy of both Say the Word and Before, After, and Someone in Between!

Dredging up the past can knock the present right off balance.

The world expects perfection from seventeen-year-old Shawna Gallagher, and for the most part, that’s what they get. She dates the right boys, gets good grades, and follows her father’s every rule. But when her estranged lesbian mother dies, it’s more than perfect Shawna can take. Suddenly, anger from being abandoned ten years ago is resurfacing along with Shawna’s embarrassment over her mother’s other family. As she confronts family secrets and questions from the past, Shawna realizes there’s a difference between doing the perfect thing and doing the right thing.

Shawna’s honest and relatable voice will draw readers in and hold them until the last page in this coming-of-age story. Jeannine Garsee has delivered a compulsively readable second novel, perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen and Laurie Halse Anderson.


One hour into her first day of tenth grade, Martha Kowalski knows she’s really in trouble. The school bully, Chardonnay, has already threatened her life—and at home, things are even worse. Martha’s mom, fresh out of rehab, is shacking up with an obnoxious jerk in a neighborhood that can only be described as a “ghetto.”

More than anything she’s ever wanted, Martha wants to play the cello. But even music becomes dangerous to her health—because nothing is what it seems in this place. With her mother’s willpower dissolving, Martha watches helplessly as her own dreams slip further away.

But in an exhilarating twist that would stun even Cinderella, everything changes. A wealthy lawyer invites her into his family’s home and Martha is given a chance to start over. The warm, caring Brinkmans treat Martha like one of the family and even though it feels so right, she knows they can’t be as perfect as they seem. And she knows that this fairy tale can’t last forever…


Giveaway Rules:
+1 for commenting here with email address
+1 if you comment on Jeannine's guest blog here
+2 if you referred anyone
+1 to the person you referred

This will end in on May 27th days from now. US only and begin!

36 comments:

  1. Please include me in your giveaway. I would love to read Say The Word, it is on my wishlist.

    I have posted on Jeannines guest blog.

    Thanks
    carlene
    iluvreading(at)verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a great addition to my summer reading stack!

    mj.coward[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great contest. Don't enter me, I'm from the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for doing this contest, it's really great!

    I commented on Jeannine's gues blog

    broadway_babee@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These books look great! My address is melanies--musings@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enter!
    thtchickkaitlyn7@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alright, I guess I'll throw my name into this lot, hehe. Thanks!

    stephxsu at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'd love to be entered. I especially think Say the Word looks good.

    -Lauren
    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great! Please enter me!

    BookCrossingKitten22[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read Before, After and Somebody In Between. Please count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i LOVE this author!
    addictedtobooks1993@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great books for summer reading - please count me in

    msboatgal at aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Say the Word looks really good!


    :) Erica
    thebookcellar@wi.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great contest! Please enter me

    purplg8r@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please enter me too!

    Briana
    getanzt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome!

    lc_intocable [a]yahoo[d]com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Yan. Good luck to everyone! :)

    Jeannine Garsee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, all the books on your blog look cool! Please enter me in the drawing too!
    Cindy
    cnhand84@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh. Count me in. I commented on her guest blog too! And am sending over one of the guys from Boys Blogging Books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oops. My email address:
    goadingthepen at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Count me in too. I was sent by goadingthepen.

    lookingforalaska at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've read STW, a pdf version for review. Would love to read BASB :)

    bacarleton(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Please enter me - vvperesk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. i would love to win say the word, deb
    debandgab@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. all her work sounds great!

    tink122595 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would love to read this book-


    karin56381 (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. These look so good - please count me in!

    gaby317nyc AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I commented on the interview. Thanks!

    gaby317nyc AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both books sound amazing, please enter me!

    Christy

    starlightgirl1114@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Would love to get both books! Been on my list for awhile. Enter me please:

    stilettostorytime@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would love to get both of these books. I have been meaning to read them both for a while.

    katieb206@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would love to be entered to win, I have seen Say the Word floating around the blogosphere for a while now and it looks pretty good. Thanks for the opportunity! ^_^

    lovejessicamarie [@] gmail [.] com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Enter me to win please :-)

    broadway_babee@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Enter me too please!

    Amelia(.)Reads(.)More AT Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for the contest! I would love to be entered!

    I am going to go comment on the guest blog!

    countrystars95@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Another great contest :o)

    lostinlit@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete