Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Castration Celebration

Castration Celebration by Jake Wizner (May 26th 2009—Random House)

Grade: 4 stars out of 5

Summary: “Did you know that in imperial china, eunuchs had their testicles, penis and scrotum removed?

Olivia does. She's done the research--after walking in on her dad fooling around with one of his grad students. On her stay to an arts summer camp at Yale University, she's decided to write a musical called Castration Celebration.

Max, on the other hand, is a big fan of the penis--intact. As an actor, he always has the right line, especially for the ladies. He's going to camp to hone his skills, both acting and otherwise. And when Olivia and Max meet...oh, the drama! Olivia and Max have their roles down pat. Before camp is over, they'll preform Olivia's musical onstage and in real life--though the ending may turn out different than either expects.

Peppered with original songs like "Horny," "I'm in Love with Dick," and the titular, "Castration Celebration," Jake Wizner's a whole new level in a bawdy uproarious romp that's laugh-out-loud funny.”

Review: This review will be short and simple.

I loved this book. That’s all I have to say. It was disgusting, lewd, perverted, and “holy cow” worthy. Don’t believe me? Here are some quotes then:

“‘Menstruating Mandy,” Callie said. “Wind her up and watch her squirt.”

Or how about this one, it might look familiar:

‘“You know the book Twilight?” asked Max.

“I’ve heard of it.”

“It’s about this vampire who hooks up with a teenage chick. They never do more than kiss, but I was thinking if he ever went down on her while she was having her period it would be like winning the lottery.”’

Fun enough for you? This book is not the most politically correct book, but it was just downright hilarious. Would I recommend this for everyone? Absolutely not. There are things in there that probably offends someone in this country but that does not mean it cannot be enjoyed.

If you have a slightly twisted humor, you will love this book. It you have a more sane humor, read it still! Grab it from the library, your friend, or stay in Borders for 3 hours! I don’t care, just read it!

Overall: Wow.

Cover C
The cover kind of sucks though.

Remember to enter my giveaway for a chance to win my ARC!

17 comments:

  1. Lol!! That Twilight reference is epic right there! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote concerning Twilight made my laugh out loud.

    Actually, just because of that one quote, and this awesome review, this book has officially been added to my "want to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun reading this book in public. I love getting strange looks from strangers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really entertaining. That Twilight reference is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, this sounds hilarious! Lewd and crude, kind of like Lysistrata.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally buying this. Can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG it sounds so funny. But I agree, the cover sucks : ( should have been more pretty for a book like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahah oh gosh, i need to start reading this. I have an ARC too, thanks to a lovely blogger, and I've been unable to start it yet b/c I'm trying to finish some others first but it sounds amazing. I have an absolutely insane sense of humor so this sounds like my kind of book.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok Ok, The Twilight quote, something I think everybody has thought about, be honest people!!

    Hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  10. Twilight comment was funny & gross all @ once. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bahaha. I'm going to need to read this one. I'm not sure I'm quite twisted enough but maybe this book will corrupt me a little bit...and that can't be a bad thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA the Twilight reference. I really want to read this one now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAHA-! Thank you, Yan! Your reviews are the best! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know this book was that funny, I'll have to check it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. adding it to my TBR pile, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh!! I want to read this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha so to be honest, I think the Twilight/period statement grabbed me the most. I'm totally getting a copy of this!

    ReplyDelete