Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Friday, May 29, 2009

Love You Hate You Miss You

Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott (May 26th 2009—Harper Teen)

Grade: 3.5 stars out of 5

Summary: “You know, I always thought I told you everything, but there are some things I should have said but never did. I should have told you about the time I lost your new sunglasses. I know you really liked them. I should have apologized the time I ruined your brand-new skirt, the one with the beading. I should have apologized for a lot of stuff.

I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything.”

Review: Elizabeth Scott has been an up and down author for me. I love one book, feel indifferent about another, pretty happy with that one, confused by the next, up and down.

Love You Hate You Miss You was an almost hit for me. Elizabeth Scott stays in her comfort zone of family, troubled teen, and a lot heart felt action.

As always the family relationships play such a huge role. Acceptance, love, and devotion. Do they love me? Do they just carry me around as a piece of luggage? What do I have to do to make them look at me!? These thoughts are what pop into my mind to describe the situation. Does drinking until your life is in jeopardy count? Amy is six feet tall with the self-confidence that could match the height of a toddler.

Heartache is what you feel for Amy. Her love for Julia, her guilt, her struggles to live another day. Going to therapy to find out that maybe Julia was not all that she appeared to be. But moving on that everything can lead up to choice: our own choice.

It was all very intense, emotional, and deeply engrossing.

I would have liked to see what happened with Patrick though. Whatever happened to Mel, Beth and even the therapist in the story. This book was separated into 3 parts—love, hate and miss, just like the title says. Love we read a lot of, miss we can imagine as it occurs after the story, but the hate? Just a small section. Even so it was only one scene. Was there anything more to Julia that meets the eye?

Overall: I think Elizabeth is progressing smoothly. I would like to see her out of her comfort zone a bit more but she knows how to tell a tale for one thing. Good job.

Cover B+
This is my second favorite cover after Something, Maybe from Elizabeth Scott. It’s the color intensity that compels me to stare.

7 comments:

  1. You are so right about the cover. It's hard to tear away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the book. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review- I can't wait to read this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you look at the girl on the cover closely, you can tell she has a tan line! :D

    ReplyDelete