Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Mystery: Miley Cyrus

So you all have heard about Miley Cyrus by now right? If you haven't then think Hannah Montana. Now if that doesn't ring a bell, get out from under that rock. So she has a hit TV show, an hoard of screaming fans that love her music, and a Hannah Montana movie coming out soon. Well you may or may not know is that she, Miley Cyrus has written an autobiography, that's right people, an autobiography. Shocking, yes!

'"There are multiple sides to all of us. Who we are and who we might be if we follow our dreams." -Miley Cyrus

Three years ago, Miley Cyrus was a virtual unknown. Her life in rural Tennessee was filled with family, friends, school, cheerleading, and the daily tasks of living on a farm. And then came a little show called Hannah Montana.

Almost overnight, Miley would rocket to superstardom, becoming a television and singing phenomenon. Quiet days were replaced with sold-out concerts, television appearances, and magazine shoots. But through it all, Miley has remained close to her family and friends and has stayed connected to the Southern roots that made her so strong.

In Miles to Go, Miley offers an honest, humorous, and often touching story of one girl's coming-of-age--from private moments with her pappy to off-roading with her dad, Billy Ray, to her run-ins with mean girls. Miley talks about suffering through drama and heartbreak and coming out the other end unscathed (relatively). And now for the first time, she will discuss it all-the milestones still left to reach (driver's license! voting!), dreams to live out (travel to Asia! find true love!), and the lessons to be learned (remembering to enjoy every moment!).

This is a truly unique look inside the world of one of today's biggest and brightest stars as she tackles looking back and moving forward."


Miley said:“I am so excited to let fans in on how important my relationship with my family is to me. I hope to motivate mothers and daughters to build lifetimes of memories together, and inspire kids around the world to live their dreams.” --SpreadIt

It released last, last week, March 3rd, under Hyperion. Interested? Then buy your copy at Barnes&Noble, Amazon, Borders.

But wait! That's not all! Apparently there is going to be a movie based off of this book!

"Billy Ray Cyrus apparently is looking for a Miley Cyrus look-alike to play his daughter in a film based on her new memoir, Miles to Go. The Disney flick about the young superstar's meteoric rise is likely to be out within a year. Casting will focus on a total unknown lucky enough to have been born with looks very similar to the "Hannah Montana" sensation."
--Chicago Sun-Times (lower bottom)

Hold it! I have more stuff to show you!



There I am now finally done! And thus, that concludes Monday Mystery. Hope you guys enjoyed it!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, of course I know Miley Cyrus Hannah Montana, my sister watches all the chapters of her series and is always listening to her songs. It's not like I am a big fan of her but she has pretty good songs and she really is funny, so maybe it's a nice read for me and my sister. Thanks for the info I didn't know about the book thought I knew about the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. A movie based on Miley's life, NOT starring Miley, while Miley is still at the age where she could play herself? I can't even wrap my head around it. Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I still kinda want to read her book....just for a laugh or two (or three or four...) (: LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just can't believe anyone can write an autobiography at her age!
    And produce a movie about her not starring her. Eeek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have given you an award - stop by here and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. A movie based off of her life with a no name actress staring her??? Um, this sounds like the new Hannah Montana movie but with a no name girl. This is weird. I think that they're taking it a little too far. It'll be great in 10 years when she's not as popular and everyone looks back and thinks "WTF?!". Kind of like Beanie Babies or the Backstreet boys, a 'What were we thinking' moment. (Of course, I loved both at the time but now I wouldn't save$30 to have the newest Beanie Baby).

    ReplyDelete