Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday! (29)

Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly (April 27th 2010--Simon Pulse)

"Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly is the timeless tale of first love."

About the Author
Maureen Daly, still in college when she wrote Seventeenth Summer, recaptured with extraordinary freshness and sensitivity an experience that because of its very nature no older author can touch. Seventeenth Summer was chosen unanimously as the first winner of the Intercollegiate Literacy Fellowship.

This is actually a reprint from 1985 (??):

7 comments:

  1. Oooo. I love the new cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that book at HPB a long time ago, and I really wanted it, but there was no price on it. I should have gotten it! It sounded really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new cover is really nice.
    For what I've read it seems a cute romance novel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it is a reprint, with a waaaay better cover. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its even older than 1985...I read this book (and its VERY good) when I was like 10 or something and some of the writing and references make me think it was written in the 60's...but Im not sure-anyway its a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, "Seventeenth Summer" was published in the 1940s. It was considered (by my YA literature class) to be the first young adult novel ever.

    That cover is so much better than the one I read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so it's a reprint. The new edition looks way too good.

    ReplyDelete