Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday! (8)

This meme is being hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

Give Up the Ghost by Megan Crewe (September 15th 2009--Henry Holt)

"Sixteen-year-old Cass McKenna would take the company of the dead over the living any day. Unlike her high school classmates, the dead don't lie or judge, and they're way less scary than Danielle, the best-bud-turned-backstabber who kicked Cass to the bottom of the social ladder in seventh grade. Since then, Cass has styled herself as an avenger. Using the secrets her ghostly friends stumble across, she exposes her fellow students' deceits and knocks the poseurs down a peg.

When Tim Reed, the student council V.P., asks Cass to chat with his recently-deceased mom, her instinct is to laugh in his face. But Tim's part of Danielle's crowd. He can give Cass dirt the dead don't know. Intent on revenge, Cass offers to trade her spirit-detecting skills for his information. She isn't counting on chasing a ghost who would rather hide than speak to her, dealing with the retaliation of an angry student, or discovering that Tim's actually an okay guy. As Tim sinks into a suicidal depression, Cass has to choose: run back to the safety of the dead, or risk everything to stop Tim from becoming a ghost himself."

Yeah, wants this...and sorry about the small cover. It took me forever to find this one and a lot more to confirm that it is the correct one!

8 comments:

  1. I thought that wasn't the right cover! xD Megan told me it's not quite the final one, but much probably won't change.

    And I WANT THIS ONE SO BAD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could only find this small one too, and I don't know if it is the right one either. But I hate posting WoW picks without a cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds good. And I don't mind a small cover, it still looks good!

    BTW-I got Going Too Far today-thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you did post the cover cuz I really like it. Great pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice plot and nice cover!
    I'm adding it to my wishlist, it sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to this one - it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is the first i have heard of this one and I want to read it sooo bad. it sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh this book looks spooky good! I am going to have to check it out

    ReplyDelete