Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday! (9)

This meme is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

Fire by Kristin Cashore (October 5, 2009--Penguin)

"Beautiful creatures called monsters live in the Dells. Monsters have the shape of normal animals: mountain lions, dragonflies, horses, fish. But the hair or scales or feathers of monsters are gorgeously colored-- fuchsia, turquoise, sparkly bronze, iridescent green-- and their minds have the power to control the minds of humans.

Seventeen-year-old Fire is the last remaining human-shaped monster in the Dells. Gorgeously monstrous in body and mind but with a human appreciation of right and wrong, she is hated and mistrusted by just about everyone, and this book is her story."

Sorry guys! No new surprises but I really, really want to devour this book. Graceling was an absolute joy to read!

9 comments:

  1. I have Graceling in my TBR pile, on loan from a friend.

    Can't wait to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YES!!! def waiting on this!! TOTALLY.... cant wait

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy, you got a lil something over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Graceling! (blushes in embarassment) I'll read it soon though I promise!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. DEFINTELY want this one! In all it's finished glory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so buying it when it comes out in HB, plus I'm buying the UK editions! :)

    PS *spam* :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover of this book. So much so that I've decided to get the US versions, rather than UK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book looks really interesting, even though I wasn't a huge fan of Graceling (I thought it was ok but not great). I got a newsletter a couple weeks ago with a link to request a copy (I guess I didn't get one) but I wonder if any bloggers have one yet! I'd be curious to read reviews for this one.

    ReplyDelete