Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Mystery: Megan Frazer

Let's welcome Megan Frazer, author of Secrets of Truth and Beauty! you can find Megan here and purchase your own copy of her novel here where hopefully my review will convince you to do.
Way back when Yan started this, there was a reference to mystery meat and leftovers. Now I don't eat meat. Like Rachel in my book Secrets of Truth & Beauty, I am a pescatarian (and let me tell you we had a whole lot of fun with the spelling of that going through copyedits).

Anyway, as I said, I don't eat meat, but I am a huge proponent of leftovers, of making up my own recipes, and of easy summer dinners. So, without further ado, I present to you one of my all time favorite easy summer dinners. I call it Secrets of Cheese & Arugula.
  • Take a container of baby arugula (I recommend organic) and dump it into a large serving bowl.
  • Add oil and balsamic vinegar (I don't really measure, so I guess in the parlance, it would be “to taste”.)
  • Add one carton of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved.
  • Add 1-4 cloves of fresh garlic, pressed. (This will again depend on personal preference and the proximity you will be having to friends and family.)
  • Set aside.
  • Get a box of pasta like penne or ziti or farfalle and prepare according to package directions.
  • Drain pasta and add to bowl of arugula and tomatoes.
  • Now here is the special Secrets of Truth & Beauty ingredient: goat cheese. I of course recommend buying it from a local farm, but if that is not available, most grocery stores sell small tubs of crumbles, or small logs. Add to the pasta, arugula et. al., stir well, and serve.
  • You should have enough to serve four people . . . with leftovers!
(EDIT from Yan: Between that picture isn't real. I just stole it from google, not sure if that even goes with the recipe o.o)

Not easy enough for you? Here is another option: Reverse Dinner.
  • Go to an ice cream stand.
  • Order a cone of your favorite ice cream.
  • Eat.
  • No leftovers but equally delicious.
(I am totally doing that! :P)

So now I'm curious, what do you consider to be a great summer meal?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, anything where you don't have to turn the oven on is nice.

    ReplyDelete