Powered by Blogger.
Win a copy of Nobody and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ends 2/20)

Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday Mystery: Manga Part 3

I mentioned that both anime and manga has traveled across the ocean and made its way to America. Aside from the typical dubbing (where American voice actors replace the Japanese voices) and manga translating, there are those born here in the US.

Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives by Ellen Schreiber (author) and Rem (illustrator)

"The absolute last thing goth-girl Raven and her vampire boyfriend, Alexander, need is another hitch in their nighttime-only romance—but dark trouble hovers on the horizon when Raven and Alexander discover four freshly dug graves filled with empty coffins. When a crew of sketchy vampires takes up residence in Dullsville's lonely graveyard, Alexander finds this motley bunch led by his very own blood-sucking cousin, Claude Sterling. Shocking! Claude and his creepy crew can only spell out more problems for the pair, especially when Raven finds them in daylight in the very last place she could ever imagine. What could Claude and his invaders be doing—or searching for—in Dullsville?"

Volume 3 just came out. I actually read the first one and found it pretty interesting. The artwork was clean and adorable--gothic cute.

Wicked Lovely: Desert Fey by Melissa Marr(author) and Xian Nu Studio (illustrator)

"Discover Melissa Marr's mesmerizing world of Faerie . . .

The desert is far away from the schemes of the Faerie Courts—and that's how Rika likes it. Once a mortal and now a faery, Rika seeks isolation and revels in her ability to appear invisible to humans. Then, she meets him. Artistic and kind, Jayce is the last person Rika wants to hide from.

But change is coming, challenging Rika's freedom and her new romance, as her past pursues her, even into the heart of the desert. . . . "

I don't know much about this one. I've only read an except and kind of found it difficult to follow along. That and I couldn't actually tell who was the girl and who wasn't...I feel so ashamed.

Teen Titans--This anime-ish type of cartoon was first aired on Cartoon Network some years ago. I mean, come on! They even hired Japanese singers for the theme song and whatnot! Does it not scream AMERICAN ANIME!?

Puffy AniYumi--See above. Just...ugh go.



The sad thing was my friend and I actually sang this song a bajillion of times in the 8th grade...And another song! This time in Japanese~ One of my more favorite songs in the series.



And guess what!? Cartoon Network then gave Puffy AniYumi their own show called Hi Hi Puffy AniYumi! But of course it got canceled *grumbles* (oh and they had American voice actors...)



Wait! I have more to show ehehe. Let's give it up for the French!



Okay so this considered anime-ish?



I'm probably missing something entirely so if anyone has anything to remind me let me know!~ Between I have no idea what I'm going to do next week...

8 comments:

  1. I only like the art in Vampire Kisses because I'm seeing how cliquish it can get. Love the character designs though.

    And lol, I don't think W.i.t.c.h. is anime-ish at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you forgot about Meg Cabot's Avalon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! But then I'm an anime and manga fan, so I might be slightly biased... :P I remember watching W.I.T.C.H. some mornings, and I know for sure I read all the books. Also a manga that became a TV show which I think is US, is Tokyo Mew Mew.

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I used to love W.I.T.C.H! I used to stay up until midnight watching that show! It was strangely addictive, LOL. Awesome post, Yan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yooo, you should have those REAL ANIME stuff up there like, like, like, BLEACH or HITMAN REBORN or...CODE GEASSSSSS!!!! not those american-style crap (no offense but the drawings are really bad...) >.<

    okay, i'm done ranting

    stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wait, i just read your first paragraph...hmm, oh well. still. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a award waiting for you on my blog. :)

    www.mgpblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. I will have to look at some Manga sometime :)

    ReplyDelete